• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are agents coming to me with inside IR35 roles that are in the Private Sector?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wobblyheed View Post
    Good point, but they really are limiting their catchment area for decent contractors (even if it is only till next April) - which they probably don't even realise.
    So are you saying that you're prepared to lie and hope against an investigation?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Because they can?

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
        If your reserves are running out, swallow pride, work inside. In this market, unless things improve dramatically son, anything is better than nothing.
        I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          So are you saying that you're prepared to lie and hope against an investigation?
          That's an irregular verb.

I take a balanced risk approach
          You lie and hope against an investigation
          He owes HMRC £200,000

Comment

Jesus wept - this board gets worse.
            Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I like it.

Wooop, I spawned a meme!

That's be £2000 + VAT for rights...

Comment

Jesus wept - this board gets worse.
                You asked the stupid question, we gave appropriate answers.

I'll break down the logic for you.
                If the client has said it's inside (based on a job spec that they pulled together pre the bill being pulled) then the agent is passing this information on because, let's face it, most agents are like the Saturday staff at PC World; they're box readers.
                Then, if you choose to declare it as outside and HMRC investigates, you're stuck because you were forewarned. It also saves you applying depending upon the day rate.

I know the rate that I'd need to go back contracting in London inside IR35 for example. That's a far higher percentage hike from my outside rate than it would be if it were a contract in the North West somewhere. Obviously remote gigs are a boon and can be assessed differently but you've got to consider the tax breaks.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Good point, but they really are limiting their catchment area for decent contractors (even if it is only till next April) - which they probably don't even realise.
                  Catchment area???

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
                    Catchment area???
                    Yep, if it's inside you cannot put travel and accommodation expenses through so staying away from home costs are all from your take home, squeezing tax brackets.

Comment

Yep, if it's inside you cannot put travel and accommodation expenses through so staying away from home costs are all from your take home, squeezing tax brackets.
                      +1 - you are no different from a permanent member of staff so travel and accommodation costs will have to be paid out of your own pocket (i.e. after tax has been paid).

The £90 premier inn hotel room that costs your company £75 will now cost you at least £150 of your daily rate.

The 45p a mile you used to claim for driving to the office is also gone...

For me basically if you want me to work on your project I'm working from home and conferencing in.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X