• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are agents coming to me with inside IR35 roles that are in the Private Sector?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give it five years and everyone will also be working on crappy equipment as I doubt you would want to buy a new laptop out of salary to use for work.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      +1 - you are no different from a permanent member of staff so travel and accommodation costs will have to be paid out of your own pocket (i.e. after tax has been paid).

The £90 premier inn hotel room that costs your company £75 will now cost you at least £150 of your daily rate.

The 45p a mile you used to claim for driving to the office is also gone...

For me basically if you want me to work on your project I'm working from home and conferencing in.
      Might be time to start think looking at another country.
      Maybe if Scotland gets eventually independence, then maybe the HMRC equivalent north of the border might be less brain-dead
      Looks like the whole kabooble is going to implode in 2021 with Loan Charge / Finance Bill / IR35
      It all appears deeply depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
        Yes, with only 500+ applicants for each role, I'm sure they are feeling genuine pain at "limiting their catchment area".

And no, all of those 500+ won't be "indecent" contractors.
        Friend of mine works at a consultancy (not agency). Many of their contracts with their clients state that all the people working for the consultancy must be employed by them and not subcontracted further.

They recently put out an advert on one of the large job sites, went for a meeting and then lunch and then had to stop it as they had then received more than a 1000 applications for a PAYE contract - in just a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
          Friend of mine works at a consultancy (not agency). Many of their contracts with their clients state that all the people working for the consultancy must be employed by them and not subcontracted further.

They recently put out an advert on one of the large job sites, went for a meeting and then lunch and then had to stop it as they had then received more than a 1000 applications for a PAYE contract - in just a few hours.
          Wow. Here I am thinking "my rates are low, doesn't reflect market conditions!"

Comment

Nothing wrong with that if the terms are decent
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Yep, if it's inside you cannot put travel and accommodation expenses through so staying away from home costs are all from your take home, squeezing tax brackets.
              there is not going to be any travel or accommodation for a while. Even more so in technology.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
                there is not going to be any travel or accommodation for a while. Even more so in technology.
                Companies I know are scheduled to move back to at least two days a week in the office from September. Presenteeist managers will want their contractors in. There will therefore be travel and accommodation issues.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                X