• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are agents coming to me with inside IR35 roles that are in the Private Sector?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are agents coming to me with inside IR35 roles that are in the Private Sector?

Surely it's still up to the individual to determine their own status.
    One agent told me that the company concerned decided that they were not dealing with contractors with Ltd companies...full stop - unless inside IR35.
    Surely they are shooting themselves in foot as the role/rate is obviously very much less attractive and contractors that had to to stay over would probably not even consider such a role.

Oops just realised this should be under IR35 Reform
    Last edited by Wobblyheed; 27 June 2020, 10:31.
    Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Bearing I mind the cluster **** that happened not 3 months ago and the impending round two coming in 10 months it's hardly surprising some don't know whether they are coming or going.

To be fair if it is inside and they would have put you inside in April they are doing you a favour saving you from digging yourself a hole for when it does flip over.

Just shows to HMRC their impending legislation works.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Probably just comes down to processes having been put in place and the desire to not undo all that work, only to have to do it all again in a year's time.

From what I am seeing, it is mostly the Finance sector that has done this. Left in place Inside IR35 hirings.

Comment

There is such a lack of knowledge around IR35 across the industry it’s scary.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Bearing I mind the cluster **** that happened not 3 months ago and the impending round two coming in 10 months it's hardly surprising some don't know whether they are coming or going.

To be fair if it is inside and they would have put you inside in April they are doing you a favour saving you from digging yourself a hole for when it does flip over.

Just shows to HMRC their impending legislation works.
          Good point, but they really are limiting their catchment area for decent contractors (even if it is only till next April) - which they probably don't even realise.
          Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Originally posted by Wobblyheed View Post
            Good point, but they really are limiting their catchment area for decent contractors (even if it is only till next April) - which they probably don't even realise.
            Yes, with only 500+ applicants for each role, I'm sure they are feeling genuine pain at "limiting their catchment area".

And no, all of those 500+ won't be "indecent" contractors.
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Status comes from the contract. If the client won't accept substitute, will specify place / time where you work and you will have to adhere to client's standards then only conclusion you can sensibly make is to be inside.

If the agent tells that the contract is "inside" that should suggest what terms the client is up to.

Comment

One agent told me that the company concerned decided that they were not dealing with contractors with Ltd companies...full stop - unless inside IR35.
                Surely they are shooting themselves in foot as the role/rate is obviously very much less attractive and contractors that had to to stay over would probably not even consider such a role.

Oops just realised this should be under IR35 Reform
                Wow this is new, not heard this before

Worrying if continues

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

If your reserves are running out, swallow pride, work inside. In this market, unless things improve dramatically son, anything is better than nothing.
                  Last edited by perplexed; 27 June 2020, 16:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                    There is such a lack of knowledge around IR35 across the industry it’s scary.
                    It extends to this forum. We still see a significant number of people who seem to think a client deciding to not engage with PSC is the same as making inside determinations.
                    Last edited by Paralytic; 29 June 2020, 10:22.

Comment

Working...
                    X