• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Failed IR35 Review - QDOS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
    Whilst we are on the subject.. I have downloaded a template from QDOS which has 'total price for this contract' field. I am putting the following down:

'Estimated £xxx based on an assumption of 1760 billed hours between the commencement date and the expected completion date.

This figure is an estimate only. Ongoing billing occurs as per the hourly rate as detailed below. There is no obligation from the CLIENT to provide said amount of hours of work and there is no obligation from the CONSULTANCY to accept any work.'

Does that sound ok?
    Not really. The fact you've mentioned hours, just summed up the hours vs price per hour and then stated it's an estimate and can change doesn't change anything from the norm. All you are doing is doing the sums. Still looks like a 3 monther at £xxx per hour. You are just demonstrating the outcome of the flexible pounds per hour agreement.

Total price is total price. All in, no deviations or stipulation of when the work is done. You will get this widget for £xxxx by XX date. Period.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Not really. The fact you've mentioned hours, just summed up the hours vs price per hour and then stated it's an estimate and can change doesn't change anything from the norm. All you are doing is doing the sums. Still looks like a 3 monther at £xxx per hour. You are just demonstrating the outcome of the flexible pounds per hour agreement.

Total price is total price. All in, no deviations or stipulation of when the work is done. You will get this widget for £xxxx by XX date. Period.
      Then this template makes no sense? Why does it have a total price and an hourly rate lol

Comment

Then this template makes no sense? Why does it have a total price and an hourly rate lol
        That's a good question I can't answer sorry. Is it there for deletion so you can use one or the other? I dunno
        I can't remember signing for a fixed price piece of work that included an hourly rate in the past.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Whilst we are on the subject.. I have downloaded a template from QDOS which has 'total price for this contract' field. I am putting the following down:

'Estimated £xxx based on an assumption of 1760 billed hours between the commencement date and the expected completion date.

This figure is an estimate only. Ongoing billing occurs as per the hourly rate as detailed below. There is no obligation from the CLIENT to provide said amount of hours of work and there is no obligation from the CONSULTANCY to accept any work.'

Does that sound ok?
          Is it a fixed price contract?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You know that the point is to use QDOS's feedback to get the contract change - which will almost always be agreed to?

It's not like Permie land where you get what you're given, agencies won't say this but they accept and process changes ALL THE TIME.

Taking a review with an Inside determination due to one point, and not changing that one point, is madness. Push the start day out if they won't amend it in time. Or just sign it with amends the night before, in the morning on your way out etc - you have more leverage here than you think.
            Last edited by PerfectStorm; 2 July 2020, 07:55.
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              You know that the point is to use QDOS's feedback to get the contract change - which will almost always be agreed to?

It's not like Permie land where you get what you're given, agencies won't say this but they accept and process changes ALL THE TIME.
              Hays always did this. "your the first to mention this, we can't change the terms of the contract"

"I won't be starting on monday then, can you inform the client?"

Hays: "Erm...we'll add them as amendments."

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The problem with agile is that the contractor's workload is dependent on what is placed by the Product Owner in the Kanban board. This makes him fully integrated into the team, as the contractor is interchangeable with any other developer in the team.

In order to act as a contractor outside IR35 there needs to be a seperate board or set of tasks defined and carried out by the contractor.

This is one thing that struck me when I first started working agile, that control is exerted by the board and its priorities, you no longer have your "area" in the past you would have been given a longterm task lasting several months.
                I disagree. Assuming you have been brought in by the client because you can provide services that cannot be delivered by the permanent employees within the team, then, during the Sprint, you would just select the stories that need those skills (the whole idea that any member of a Scrum team can pick up any story is great in theory but rarely happens in practice).

Of course, if it is the case that either you or a permanent employee could deliver the same story then, in all reality, you are a disguised employee anyway and should be working under IR35.

So, nothing to do with agile; all to do with the role you're doing and whether its different from what permies are doing.

Comment

Last push for this event IR35 Contractor Roundtable Event
                  https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
                  https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X