• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zurich Contract 1 Year

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zurich Contract 1 Year

Hi All,

I've had a couple of opportunities in the past to look at contracts in Zurich, now another one has presented itself but i'm not 100% clear on what the actual costs / rates work out to be. I think it's something approximate to the following;

Rate: 900CHF
    Deduction: 33% ~
    In Pocket: 550-600 CHF

Does that sound about right? Assuming i'm UK resident from reading previous discussions, can i claim any expenses back against that tax take? From my workings this appears to be close to my current margins, before travel and living so i'm just wanting to validate my thoughts.

Mrk

Originally posted by mrk View Post
    Hi All,

I've had a couple of opportunities in the past to look at contracts in Zurich, now another one has presented itself but i'm not 100% clear on what the actual costs / rates work out to be. I think it's something approximate to the following;

Rate: 900CHF
    Deduction: 33% ~
    In Pocket: 550-600 CHF

Does that sound about right? Assuming i'm UK resident from reading previous discussions, can i claim any expenses back against that tax take? From my workings this appears to be close to my current margins, before travel and living so i'm just wanting to validate my thoughts. You also need to budget about 100-200 CHF per month for health insurance; just go for the cheapest, which means you pay medical costs yourself up until a certain amount.

Mrk
    Sounds about right, that take home already includes a tax break for travelling, so no further tax savings I'm afraid. Some of your earnings will go into a pension pot which you will receive when you retire. Budget 80 - 120 CHF per night in a hotel. You can always find an inexpensive pizzeria or take-away for evening meals.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 7 July 2020, 10:36.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Ask the payroll company/agency to do a payroll simulation.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

We've got thousands of 'Is this OK for Zurich' posts. Have a look through as I am sure most will answer the next set of questions you have as well.

zurich site:contractoruk.com/forums - Google Search
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          You can always find an inexpensive pizzeria or take-away for evening meals.
          There is no such thing as "inexpensive" in Zurich
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
            There is no such thing as "inexpensive" in Zurich
            There is actually, but not in the centre. Glattbrugg near the airport is cheap, and has a very nice outdoor pool with an inexpensive restaurant.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              There is actually, but not in the centre. Glattbrugg near the airport is cheap, and has a very nice outdoor pool with an inexpensive restaurant.

I did find a pub near the airport that was serving a litre of beer at 5chf as a promotion. Oh we quaffed a few that night, I can tell you.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I did find a pub near the airport that was serving a litre of beer at 5chf as a promotion. Oh we quaffed a few that night, I can tell you.
                10 euros a pint if you don't have chf. You always get change in chf too! Currency conversion rate usually equals what they can think they can get away with!!

I'd love to live there though!!

Comment

Originally posted by coolhandluke View Post
                  10 euros a pint if you don't have chf. You always get change in chf too! Currency conversion rate usually equals what they can think they can get away with!!

I'd love to live there though!!
                  why? - it's full of puckermouthed anally retentive control freaks with their silly little regime rules about when you can use your washing machine and stuff.

Comment

I've been a couple of times and really enjoyed it

Comment

Working...
                    X