• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies and Outsourcing companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies and Outsourcing companies

Is there any difference between the 2 other then how they work in regards to contracts etc. I understand what each one is and how they work just never worked through an Outsource company so don't know if there is anything to be more aware of.
    Last edited by curtis; 14 July 2020, 12:07. Reason: .

Originally posted by curtis View Post
    Is there any difference between the 2 other then how they work in regards to contracts etc. I understand what each one is and how they work just never worked through an Outsource company so don't know if there is anything to be more aware of.
    Outsourcing companies will typically you a salary under their employer scheme. Previously i was paid under PAYE rather than my own company. They would do the payroll and i would be technically a "representative" of that outsource firm. They normally have work set out for you to do and find work for you to do. But what i found is if you have problems i.e. from health issues to misconduct with their client - they do very little to support you and it will be their responsibility to resolve.

I like recruitment firms because i like to interview the client myself and make my own decision of whether the contract is something i'm interested in doing...

Thats just my personal experience of one particular outsourcing companies. But depends on who the outsourcing company is and how big they and their clients are.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
      depends on the engagement.
      There's no straight answer with this as we don't know.
      An outsourcer may well just body shop you in. Or you may be part of a project team with the outsourcer delivering a set piece of work.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
      X