Agencies and Outsourcing companies Agencies and Outsourcing companies
Posts 1 to 3 of 3

More time posting than coding

Is there any difference between the 2 other then how they work in regards to contracts etc. I understand what each one is and how they work just never worked through an Outsource company so don't know if there is anything to be more aware of.
    Last edited by curtis; 14th July 2020 at 12:07. Reason: .

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Is there any difference between the 2 other then how they work in regards to contracts etc. I understand what each one is and how they work just never worked through an Outsource company so don't know if there is anything to be more aware of.
    Outsourcing companies will typically you a salary under their employer scheme. Previously i was paid under PAYE rather than my own company. They would do the payroll and i would be technically a "representative" of that outsource firm. They normally have work set out for you to do and find work for you to do. But what i found is if you have problems i.e. from health issues to misconduct with their client - they do very little to support you and it will be their responsibility to resolve.

I like recruitment firms because i like to interview the client myself and make my own decision of whether the contract is something i'm interested in doing...

Thats just my personal experience of one particular outsourcing companies. But depends on who the outsourcing company is and how big they and their clients are.

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    depends on the engagement.
    There's no straight answer with this as we don't know.
    An outsourcer may well just body shop you in. Or you may be part of a project team with the outsourcer delivering a set piece of work.
    See You Next Tuesday