• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

umbrella or LTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

umbrella or LTD

After april I am operating through umbrella and paying full whack to hmrc
    many of my contractor friends have also closed their ltd company and moved to umbrella
    so poll away , how do you operate
    Umbrella
    34.78%
    LTD
    65.22%

God help you and your colleagues. Moving from outside to inside contracts under umbrella. Sorry to hear that.

I'd probably take up dog walking if that was ever seriously on the cards.

Comment

Currently definitely outside IR35 as I have no current work.

Will take a permie job if offered.

Would take a fixed term PAYE role.

Would take an outside IR35 role.

Will never work as a no-rights employee inside IR35 - would rather sign on.

Comment

The uplift for an Inside IR35 role will never be enough to compensate for either the lack of rights under employment or the accounting breaks afforded via an outside IR35 role.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I won't be considering any inside IR35 roles, so long term I will look at my plan B and leave contracting all together.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            The uplift for an Inside IR35 role will never be enough to compensate for either the lack of rights under employment or the accounting breaks afforded via an outside IR35 role.
            I suppose a client could theoretically pay enough to offset the impact - but it wouldn't make any financial sense for them as they'd be paying way more than the total cost of a fixed term PAYE employee.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              I suppose a client could theoretically pay enough to offset the impact - but it wouldn't make any financial sense for them as they'd be paying way more than the total cost of a fixed term PAYE employee.
              yes my client paid more money to offset tax
              come next april ,all of you turning up your nose on inside ir35 roles will no longer have any other choice
              Last edited by Andy2; 17 July 2020, 18:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Will never work as a no-rights employee inside IR35 - would rather sign on.
                Some workers will have no choice if their factory ask them to incorporate and tells them to sign a contract with intermediary that will be taking tax at source or wave them good bye.

Employment will be a privilege.

Comment

Ltd. Chances are though by next year I'll be perm. Nothing to do with IR35. Just market changes and opportunity.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Inside IR35 you can do 6 months for the money you would get for doing over 12 month of perm and largely avoid paying huge tax bills you would have to pay when working for more than six months. Use the other six months to develop different kind of business.

Comment

Working...
                    X