• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    We can't fight back.

I've been on projects where they are the overseas provider of a team and I've just called the quality of their work out. All that happens is they are replaced with another overseas provider in a different country that is slightly more expensive.
    Indeed I worked for a Swiss bank in Zürich and they offshored everything to a company in the Ukraine. They had support for some systems in India. After that I worked for a large US company in Germany, there they offshored development to Eastern Europe.

IT is a global market and trying to create a small protective bubble in the UK where contractors are protected is not going to work. If there are perm jobs then you go down a step learn a new skill and go out and contract again when the market is better.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

People complain about the fact that Chancellor didn't disclose conflict of interest and yet I have not heard of one official complaint made. Anyone can make a complaint yet nobody does. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
        People complain about the fact that Chancellor didn't disclose conflict of interest and yet I have not heard of one official complaint made. Anyone can make a complaint yet nobody does. Why?
        In what way does he favour Infosys ?

It's the Home Office that determine who gets the visas.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          In what way does he favour Infosys ?

It's the Home Office that determine who gets the visas.
          Sounds like a classic conflict of interests to me. However, it's amazing how many times HMG awards a contract and another minister is connected to the company that wins the very generous contract. Especially true with any Tory govt and building contracts for example.

Comment

Until last year I was working for a US company, I can assure you Trump made no difference.
            we need a donald trump, he fixed it for all american citizens in about 5 mins

H-1B visa: New US law is bad news for Indian tech workers - BBC News

cancel overseas work visas protect the job opportunities of uk citizens

what do we get unlimited visas on a pittance of a salary
            Last edited by mrdonuts; 20 July 2020, 08:56.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
              we need a donald trump, he fixed it for all american citizens in about 5 mins

H-1B visa: New US law is bad news for Indian tech workers - BBC News

cancel overseas work visas protect the job opportunities of uk citizens

what do we get unlimited visas on a pittance of a salary
              It won't make any difference they'll just work remotely. When I worked for a bank in Zürich most of our indian subcontractors worked remotely in India.

It will be no problem. The Info-Sys managers would just come into the UK for meetings.

You need to drop your rate to compete.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

You need to drop your rate to compete.
                This is what the big outsourcing companies say to our government advisors and they oblige with endless visas with low salary conditions attached.

The govt are the enemy within.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Sounds like a classic conflict of interests to me. However, it's amazing how many times HMG awards a contract and another minister is connected to the company that wins the very generous contract. Especially true with any Tory govt and building contracts for example.
                  When HMRC awards a contract it's public, so which contract have Infosys been awarded ?

Are you expecting him to divorce his wife ?
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 July 2020, 10:50.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    This is what the big outsourcing companies say to our government advisors and they oblige with endless visas with low salary conditions attached.

The govt are the enemy within.
                    I've never had a problem getting a job with a decent salary, so obviously this is not something that affects you if you have up to date skills. I'm not sure I want to pay more for services to effectively subsidise IT professionals whose skills are out of date and can only compete with artificial barriers in place.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I've never had a problem getting a job with a decent salary, so obviously this is not something that affects you if you have up to date skills. I'm not sure I want to pay more for services to effectively subsidise IT professionals whose skills are out of date and can only compete with artificial barriers in place.
                      I don't know where to start on that one, so many flaws in that argument.

Comment

Working...
                      X