• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I don't know where to start on that one, so many flaws in that argument.
    so if my argument is flawed, how is this possible ?

https://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/JobSe...48A0BFF2181DDF

London - £725 - £775/Day Ltd Coy
    Surely Infosys can provide a resource on £100.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      so if my argument is flawed, how is this possible ?

https://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/JobSe...48A0BFF2181DDF

Surely Infosys can provide a resource on £100.
      Your link points to:

C++ Software Engineer - Remote - 3 months - £200 per day

C++ Software Engineer on an initial three month contract. This role will be carried out on a fully remote basis throughout the contract.

Essential Requirements:

C++
      Java
      Mobile experience - Android & iOS

If this sounds like an appealing opportunity to you then get in touch with me ASAP. Naturally there could be scope for extension, due to the nature of the work and the fact that this company have a history of retaining good contractors for other projects.

The reason that it is paying less than a plumber or electrician is exactly because InfoSys can provide people at £200 per day and pay the person from India < £100/day and pocket the rest as profit.
      Last edited by DimPrawn; 19 July 2020, 12:54.

Comment

Comment

Your link points to:

C++ Software Engineer - Remote - 3 months - £200 per day

C++ Software Engineer on an initial three month contract. This role will be carried out on a fully remote basis throughout the contract.

Essential Requirements:

C++
          Java
          Mobile experience - Android & iOS

If this sounds like an appealing opportunity to you then get in touch with me ASAP. Naturally there could be scope for extension, due to the nature of the work and the fact that this company have a history of retaining good contractors for other projects.

The reason that it is paying less than a plumber or electrician is exactly because InfoSys can provide people at £200 per day and pay the person from India < £100/day and pocket the rest as pocket.
          That £200 contract is the only low paid contract on the list and it is remote. Stopping visas would make no difference on a remote contract. Quite a number of highly paid contracts on that list.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

There is a big difference to offshoring work (done remotely) and bodyshopping (getting low paid people here on a work permit / visa).

We want the bodyshopping stopped. We cannot compete with people happy to live for 6 months crammed into cheap often nasty housing, who come here to earn the bulk of their money in their home country. If you want to live like this to compete in all types of work, be my guest.

Coming to an IT jobs near you...

Boohoo accused of slavery practices in Leicester factory - Retail Gazette
            Last edited by DimPrawn; 19 July 2020, 11:54.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Are you expecting him to divorce his wife ?
              He should have disclosed this conflict of interest in the public register of interests and recuse himself from speaking or making decision about the areas that this company is involved in. For example he shouldn't have been involved in IR35 legislation, as this one is favouring big consultancies.
              Quite similar case was with Victoria Atkins when she was a drugs minister.

Comment

There is a big difference to offshoring work (done remotely) and bodyshopping (getting low paid people here on a work permit / visa).

We want the bodyshopping stopped. We cannot compete with people happy to live for 6 months crammed into cheap often nasty housing, who come here to earn the bulk of their money in their home country. If you want to live like this to compete in all types of work, be my guest.

Sweatshops can next year incorporate all the workers, make them sign inside IR35 contracts and find an intermediary that will take the cut for HMRC. No more accusations about not paying minimum wage and other pesky workers' rights.

Comment

You do know that are minimum salary requirements for UK working visas.

Intra-company Transfer visa (Tier 2): Eligibility - GOV.UK

The minimum salary is:

£41,500 for Long-term Staff
                  £23,000 for Graduate Trainee

These salaries are comparable with the national average in the IT industry.

Contractors need to upgrade their skills rather than whining.

When I was starting out as a Graduate I lived in a shared house. There would be six or seven of us in one house.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Can't they incorporate these workers in the UK and instead of having them in person in the UK, ship them to Barbados? Work from home from paradise as Barbados offers YEAR-long visa to remote workers who want to live there

Plus the managers can get a nice work & holiday bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                      Can't they incorporate these workers in the UK and instead of having them in person in the UK, ship them to Barbados? Work from home from paradise as Barbados offers YEAR-long visa to remote workers who want to live there

Plus the managers can get a nice work & holiday bonus.
                      Loving that idea!!

Comment

Working...
                      X