• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Dated 2018. I think where I work now they have filled the 600,000 vacancies with InfoSys alone.
    So InfoSys started up in 2019 did they?
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      So InfoSys started up in 2019 did they?
      No they didn't and I only have my experience here from the last 2 years, but they are the goto place for filling every IT vacancy, they have zero issues with visa and work permits (it doesn't even get mentioned).

Comment

This may be well known, but it surprised me.

A young Cognizant guy I was working alongside on my last contract, he had to pay for his own accommodation here in the UK after the first month or so in a hotel paid for by his company.

I guess this may well be standard practice, but I had no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

A young Cognizant guy I was working alongside on my last contract, he had to pay for his own accommodation here in the UK after the first month or so in a hotel paid for by his company.

yup.
          They take the minimum amount that allows them a visa. And have to find all their living expenses out of that.
          It's why a lot of them end in house shares.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Yup standard practice

12 to a house

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Yup standard practice

12 to a house

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              To a house? That's a luxury. Try 12-bed dorm room and beds shared with night shift workers.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                And in my 20 years experience in banking not once has the outsourced company found a local resource to fill one of there teams vacancy - not once out of thousands of roles
                I've been placed by TCS at one of the major retail banks. This was just over 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                  It is how the corporate world works. They win contracts and they fulfil them however they see fit.
                  The reason that they get so many contracts and practices are so widespread could be a sign that is not random practice but actually done by design.

I would be more upset with the upper class and the architects of this society who probably believe that contractors have too many freedoms, wage growth has been too high and you need an more oppressing environment for the people to stay in line.
                  That is how you reach the current state of society.
                  It has to do with control and productivity and keeping a balance and trust in society. What some pesky group in the society thinks, is irrelevant.
                  Wage growth in contracting has not been high or positive. From 1998 it's been a downwards trend overall. It's been much worse since the Conservative&Unionist party has been repeatedly elected, to the extent that I thought their own base would have scaled back voting for them. It seems not.

Even if the regular hardcore Tories on this forum would still vote for them again in a future election, as if it's their football team they're irrationally backing. The Tories support large corporations and that's what you're seeing with this funneling of projects to extremely poor quality companies. I have no qualms in telling companies to avoid HPE, DXC, TCS, WiPro, InfoSys and similar. Their pathetic performance on projects and front running (awaiting the first client payment before even beginning to work on a project, whilst pretending to have worked on it for months before the first payment), as well as hiring very poor quality staff abroad, are the reasons why they bid cheap on tenders.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                    Wage growth in contracting has not been high or positive. From 1998 it's been a downwards trend overall. It's been much worse since the Conservative&Unionist party has been repeatedly elected, to the extent that I thought their own base would have scaled back voting for them. It seems not.

Even if the regular hardcore Tories on this forum would still vote for them again in a future election, as if it's their football team they're irrationally backing. The Tories support large corporations and that's what you're seeing with this funneling of projects to extremely poor quality companies. I have no qualms in telling companies to avoid HPE, DXC, TCS, WiPro, InfoSys and similar. Their pathetic performance on projects and front running (awaiting the first client payment before even beginning to work on a project, whilst pretending to have worked on it for months before the first payment), as well as hiring very poor quality staff abroad, are the reasons why they bid cheap on tenders.
                    I am "woke" from voting LibLabCon.

Not that voting anything ever solves globalisation, immigration or big business lobbying for cheap workers to bring everyone down to the lowest incomes.

Comment

I don't know why it was a surprise to you. When coming here on a intra-company transfer, flight tickets and initial accommodation (4 weeks) is given by the company. Apart from that, they are on their own.

What you may have failed to notice is that they also get paid in India every month while working and getting paid here.

Comment

Working...
                      X