• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Everyone is different, but I draw the line at < £300/day.
    Got a potential gig below that figure - should be fairly routine work though with old tech.

1) It's money.
    2) It's a gig for the company resume.
    3) Plenty of hours in the day, can always seek other similar gig. Cats wake me up at 4am demanding feeding anyway...

Comment

You need to half or rate again, and then again and then once more. You will be the winner then.
      Bollocks.
      If you half your rate all you say is ‘I’m the same but more expensive’
      Stick to your guns or increase your rate.
      And be good.

How else can you differentiate? You need to be a lot better if you’re going to cost a lot more.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
        Well I wasn't the one advertising the role. They were offering up to 500. I quoted 250. What is the lowest you would be willing to work for?
        You say 600 and be willing to drop to 550. Or else you’re just fighting on price. A fight you’ll lose.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Well I wasn't the one advertising the role. They were offering up to 500. I quoted 250. What is the lowest you would be willing to work for?
          why would you quote 250 when they advertised for 500
          probably they smelt desperation.

Comment

...Suddenly I don't feel sorry for 1.1 million Covid cases in India. If the number rises to 100 mil I still won't have a problem with that. ...
            Majority of the Covid affected numbers live below poverty line. So your feelings are not going to help you anyway!
            Last edited by BigDataPro; 21 July 2020, 19:54.

Comment

I wouldn't even get out of bed for that rate (£250). What tech are you in? Is it testing? Your experience in this case probably highlighted that you seriously need to consider changing tech/domain sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                Majority of the Covid affected number live below poverty line. So your feelings are not going to help you anyway!
                I feel truly sorry for those people so forgive me for saying that. It's only the off-shored engineers that I have problem with.

Comment

I feel truly sorry for those people so forgive me for saying that. It's only the off-shored engineers that I have problem with.
                  I only have a problem with successive governments listening to these (mostly) Indian tech companies that Britain needs millions of cheap IT workers, and making it easy for them to place their people here. I have no problem at all with the foreign techies themselves, they are only trying to make a living like everyone else.

Comment

I hear dozens of TCS scrum teams that Lloyd’s always insisted work from London were sent home to India in March, have restarted again but in India, after a 35% reduction in fees was agreed at the top

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I only have a problem with successive governments listening to these (mostly) Indian tech companies that Britain needs millions of cheap IT workers, and making it easy for them to place their people here. I have no problem at all with the foreign techies themselves, they are only trying to make a living like everyone else.
                      exactly, why issue visas for IT skills when we have so many IT people unemployed. There is no skill shortage in IT but the politicians who have no understanding of IT are fooled by the big corp. US has already stopped issuing h1b visas but UK is oblivious as ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X