• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    exactly, why issue visas for IT skills when we have so many IT people unemployed. There is no skill shortage in IT but the politicians who have no understanding of IT are fooled by the big corp. US has already stopped issuing h1b visas but UK is oblivious as ever.
    Many still don't see the connection between voting for a globalist party/leader and their quality of life when having to compete with the rest of planet earth for their own jobs, not in the protected professions of law and politics of course.

Instead of blindly following the MSM with their orange man bad rhetoric recognise what he is doing and look for similar in the UK. Voting for the same old LibLabCon globalists who will sell you down the river and complaining about it is an act of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      exactly, why issue visas for IT skills when we have so many IT people unemployed. There is no skill shortage in IT but the politicians who have no understanding of IT are fooled by the big corp. US has already stopped issuing h1b visas but UK is oblivious as ever.
      If as they should ALL IT visas were cancelled today I highly doubt there would be any shortage of UK born IT talent to take those roles (on proper salaries obviously!). Until there is mass unemployment & someone with the means & willpower to do something about this is in government its not going to change anytime soon especially with this utter m0r0n of a chancellor!

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Many still don't see the connection between voting for a globalist party/leader and their quality of life when having to compete with the rest of planet earth for their own jobs, not in the protected professions of law and politics of course.

Instead of blindly following the MSM with their orange man bad rhetoric recognise what he is doing and look for similar in the UK. Voting for the same old LibLabCon globalists who will sell you down the river and complaining about it is an act of stupidity.
        Do you think George Soros may be involved?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Do you think George Soros may be involved?
          I think money going into the back pockets of politicians may be involved, does that help? Any reasonably free thinking person not brought to heel like a pavlovian dog would be able to see that mainstream parties are not acting in the best interests of the electorate.

Comment

Indian Software companies have already set up nearshore offices in Mexico and are building up offshore teams in India so reducing the cost of IT development even faster than on H1B visas.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

From the front page news today.

The proof that private sector IR35 reform will trigger a UK worker exodus is me

The laughable spelling aside (getting on a jet plain!), so long as people continue to leave the shores, as they should, there won't be anyone left To fight.

Comment

The UK has a glut, the UK has a shortage. This seems to depend on whether you're lobbying for having IR35 removed or reducing the competition from offshore suppliers.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                  I don't know why it was a surprise to you. When coming here on a intra-company transfer, flight tickets and initial accommodation (4 weeks) is given by the company. Apart from that, they are on their own.

What you may have failed to notice is that they also get paid in India every month while working and getting paid here.
                  It was a surprise, because I didn't know it?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    I think money going into the back pockets of politicians may be involved, does that help? Any reasonably free thinking person not brought to heel like a pavlovian dog would be able to see that mainstream parties are not acting in the best interests of the electorate.
                    Liberal democracy - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Some form of direct democracy is the way forward, those who seek power should be automatically excluded from it. Something like jury duty but for MPs for a time limited period and severe restrictions on back handers be they trips to Disney Land or directorships after office.

Any party that proposes some kind of reform in that direction would have my vote, although it may seem tangential this get's much closer to the root cause of why we are getting f-d over and the solution.

Comment

Working...
                      X