• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    The drugs policy was set before she was a minister as well. Besides as a Chancellor he could have stopped this "reform" or change it, but he pushed a version that is favourable to big consultancies.
    Why would he want to change something that is already established since 2017? Of course he 'could' have. But he did not bring in this policy and the conflict issue is bulltulip. If you cant demonstrate to your client that you are a genuine contractor then you are a permie. Get over it.

Comment

Tbf, demonstrating to your client that your company is a legitimate business only works when client a) gives a tulip and b) wants to be educated.

Why does anyone expect companies to strive for outside gigs when they can be risk free and define a gig as inside? It's not in their interest, there will always be people willing to take inside roles ( mony > no money after all ).

Only way things will change will be if IR35 is repealed

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
        Tbf, demonstrating to your client that your company is a legitimate business only works when client a) gives a tulip and b) wants to be educated.

Why does anyone expect companies to strive for outside gigs when they can be risk free and define a gig as inside? It's not in their interest, there will always be people willing to take inside roles ( mony > no money after all ).

Only way things will change will be if IR35 is repealed
        Exactly this. From where I work, it was a simple blanket decision for them that all contractors go perm or leave. They had no time or risk appetite for working out whether a contractor was inside or outside.

They also have InfoSys onsite and getting a resource is risk free from a tax perspective. So they took the path of least resistance, permies and InfoSys staff only.

Comment

At my current client they have banned ltd company contractors. They only take contractors through umbrella company. I think many other large companies and banks have done the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            At my current client they have banned ltd company contractors. They only take contractors through umbrella company. I think many other large companies and banks have done the same.
            I would imagine most large companies have either forced all roles inside or forced permiedom.

The real winners here are the overseas IT body-shop outfits, who can now get someone in on the £23K pa and pimp them out for double that.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I would imagine most large companies have either forced all roles inside or forced permiedom.

The real winners here are the overseas IT body-shop outfits, who can now get someone in on the £23K pa and pimp them out for double that.
              So basically the clients that are desperate to save money are quite happy to pay a huge margin on Indian suppliers when they could simply ring up a competitor an save 10s of thousands by getting in Wipro instead.

Interesting, though I doubt that's the case. All companies I've worked at drive down the margins on all suppliers.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                So basically the clients that are desperate to save money are quite happy to pay a huge margin on Indian suppliers when they could simply ring up a competitor an save 10s of thousands by getting in Wipro instead.

Interesting, though I doubt that's the case. All companies I've worked at drive down the margins on all suppliers.
                Where I work there is a contract inplace for people with InfoSys. They cannot choose another bodyshop on whim, as InfoSys are the sole supplier of external resources. To think a huge company works otherwise is naive and shows you know little about how business operates.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Where I work there is a contract inplace for people with InfoSys. They cannot choose another bodyshop on whim, as InfoSys are the sole supplier of external resources. To think a huge company works otherwise is naive and shows you know little about how business operates.
                  That's complete nonsense, your company's accountants weren't born yesterday if you have one supplier you'll have his margins pinned down at corporate level as low as they'll go.

Good you might be working for a completely incompetent company that can't control costs, in which case you should get out as soon as you can.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

masterbates is clearly clueless about how the "real" world operates , anyone who has seen the rate cards for these companies will know they are > contractor rates

Comment

masterbates is clearly clueless about how the "real" world operates , anyone who has seen the rate cards for these companies will know they are > contractor rates often far greater

Comment

Working...
                      X