• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Indian consultancies are thrown out they will simply be replaced by Eastern European suppliers. When I was in in Switzerland they gave up on their Indian supplier and switched to companies in Ukraine. The last company I worked for employed remote contractors via a company in Romania.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

In my last company when I started there were no offshore contractors, the company was under pressure and pushed my starting salary down, as the company expanded and started using offshore suppliers, our productivity went up, profitability went up, we got inflation busting pay rises, and it got a lot less stressful as we had plenty Programmers to get the work done. The customers were happy because we'd improved the platform and turnover went up. Because you use offshore suppliers, it means your onshore Software developers can be paid more.

If a company is paying cr*p wages it is because it is a cr*p company, not because it has offshored its resource.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        In my last company when I started there were no offshore contractors, the company was under pressure and pushed my starting salary down, as the company expanded and started using offshore suppliers, our productivity went up, profitability went up, we got inflation busting pay rises, and it got a lot less stressful as we had plenty Programmers to get the work done. The customers were happy because we'd improved the platform and turnover went up. Because you use offshore suppliers, it means your onshore Software developers can be paid more.

If a company is paying cr*p wages it is because it is a cr*p company, not because it has offshored its resource.
        Yeah, course, that's right, that really happened.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Yeah, course, that's right, that really happened.

They also extended our holidays and introduced free snacks and a canteen.

Obviously this isn't happening in Britain because the UK is erecting barriers to trade. Most people in Britain can at best expect stagnant wages and a declining standard of living. Stopping offshoring will simply accelerate this process.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            They also extended our holidays and introduced free snacks and a canteen.

Obviously this isn't happening in Britain because the UK is erecting barriers to trade. Most people in Britain can at best expect stagnant wages and a declining standard of living. Stopping offshoring will simply accelerate this process.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I've changed companies, they made us all redundant so we got a massive pay off thx to the profitability of previous years and better paid jobs down the road as offshoring has led to a huge demand for highly paid on-shored qualified staff.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Have look how the share price of Infosys jumped on around the time when Financial Bill was being passed and Chancellor personally pleaded to MPs to push it. Totally there is no conflict of interest. Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                  Have look how the share price of Infosys jumped on around the time when Financial Bill was being passed and Chancellor personally pleaded to MPs to push it. Totally there is no conflict of interest. Not at all.
                  why would be plead to anyone? They have an 80 seat majority. what else could any MP have done?

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
                      why would be plead to anyone? They have an 80 seat majority. what else could any MP have done?
                      It's here: Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak personally intervened to stop private sector IR35 reform amendments

Comment

Working...
                      X