• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
    The highest jump was on the 16th July, day before the second reading. Probably those in the know started buying...

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
      The highest jump was on the 16th July, day before the second reading. Probably those in the know started buying...
      No it was a steady grow even before.

The jump came from the july 14th earning report which had beaten expectation

Comment

Originally posted by cwah View Post
        No it was a steady grow even before.

The jump came from the july 14th earning report which had beaten expectation
        I was under impression they published it on 16th and the results were just slightly better than last year, definitely nothing to write home about.

If someone is extremely bored, there are company releases:

https://www.nseindia.com/companies-l...abIndex=equity

If you bought shares after the crash around the time IR35 postponement was announced and sold just after Financial Bill passed, you could have almost doubled your money.
        If you knew the annoucement is imminent you could make even more by shorting your position before the announcement.
        If you knew the FB will pass unchanged, you could still make money by buying few days before and then selling.

It's interesting that Wipro share price look quite similar for the period in question, but you wouldn't have the same return.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
          I was under impression they published it on 16th and the results were just slightly better than last year, definitely nothing to write home about.

If someone is extremely bored, there are company releases:

https://www.nseindia.com/companies-l...abIndex=equity

If you bought shares after the crash around the time IR35 postponement was announced and sold just after Financial Bill passed, you could have almost doubled your money.
          If you knew the annoucement is imminent you could make even more by shorting your position before the announcement.
          If you knew the FB will pass unchanged, you could still make money by buying few days before and then selling.

It's interesting that Wipro share price look quite similar for the period in question, but you wouldn't have the same return.
          You can see on your link the published date on the 15th. The earning surprise was 9.5% above expectation:
          Infosys Limited (INFY) Earnings EPS Surprise Summary | Seeking Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by cwah View Post
            You can see on your link the published date on the 15th. The earning surprise was 9.5% above expectation:
            Infosys Limited (INFY) Earnings EPS Surprise Summary | Seeking Alpha
            I can't see more historical data on that page, but it seems like much greater jump was on December and that didn't trigger massive buying.

Another argument could be made that the timing of the second reading of FB was set so that it happened around the quarter release (the date of which is known) to provide plausible deniability.

Comment

I am sure it was good news for them but the UK is only one market for InfoSys.

Comment

IR35 doesn't remove contractors from the market, they just pay more tax. It has no impact for Infosys.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  IR35 doesn't remove contractors from the market, they just pay more tax. It has no impact for Infosys.
                  It has the impact that, because the (tax) spotlight is now on the big companies hiring contractors, they turn more to outfits like InfoSys to supply people onsite for short term assignments.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    It has the impact that, because the (tax) spotlight is now on the big companies hiring contractors, they turn more to outfits like InfoSys to supply people onsite for short term assignments.
                    How?, they can simply make sure contractors are on PAYE.

I doubt very much any company will switch to Infosys to save a 10 minute check by the purchasing dept that a contractor is on PAYE.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      How?, they can simply make sure contractors are on PAYE.

I doubt very much any company will switch to Infosys to save a 10 minute check by the purchasing dept that a contractor is on PAYE.
                      Where I work they did exactly that (switch to InfoSys) on the advice of HR (and InfoSys senior contract management).

Comment

Working...
                      X