• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I think you've picked up on a genuine area for discussion re length of time but, by god, you are making an utter balls up of it. No way can you be seen as P&P after a few weeks. It goes against the whole definition even though it's very wooly. There has to be some areas that are safer than others. 2 years isn't an unreasonable figure to pick but yes it could be less.. but two a couple of weeks? You ruin your whole arguement by picking stupid analogies and figures.

Even if it's as grey as how long is part and parcel you've got to but some reasonable boundaries on it to be able to discuss it else it's just pointless.
    I just can't see how time is relevant here if you are a business. If you keep boundaries, only focus on deliverables and maintain working practices so you don't become a part and parcel then I see no problem here. It is of course difficult thing to maintain during longer period of time as it may be tempting to help employees with something unrelated, join company events and so on.
    That would definitely happen if you do contracts just because it pays more than perm and beside that you behave like an employee, then with that attitude even in few weeks' time you become part and parcel.

Comment

It is definitely possible to not become part of the furniture in a multi year stay somewhere but it is extremely difficult. Problem starts when someone just sees you as the person who worked on a previous project and asks questions about it and you are torn between wanting to be polite and helpful and staying out of the way for IR35 purposes.

Problem is the people who go native and bend over backwards to ignore good practice tend to get renewed over people who stick to the task in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
        It is definitely possible to not become part of the furniture in a multi year stay somewhere but it is extremely difficult. Problem starts when someone just sees you as the person who worked on a previous project and asks questions about it and you are torn between wanting to be polite and helpful and staying out of the way for IR35 purposes.

Problem is the people who go native and bend over backwards to ignore good practice tend to get renewed over people who stick to the task in hand.
        Had that once; whilst working on a client site, ws asked about a project I'd worked on before - different stint a while before. Thankfully I documented everything including seemingly irrelevant info in previous stint and had put that into a project wiki that the client neve r used.. so simply replied that the info was in the wiki.

Can't see that response would infringe in any way, hopefully.

Comment

Christ almighty . You are right.

Originally posted by Aloha1 View Post
          We cant, the chancellors missus's dad runs one of them .weve no chance,

Comment

Originally posted by frlynnlives View Post
            Christ almighty . You are right.
            what else have you suddenly discovered today? Boris won the elections, news to you?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Software Localization

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
              How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

* they are stealing our clients and gigs
              * they are lying to clients to get business
              * they are undercutting us on every project
              * they lobby and push for IR35 to eradicate UK contracting
              * they have their dirty hands on our gov (see Chancellor and his relationship with Infosys)
              * they are eroding our public sector by "winning" (thanks to all above) gov contracts and then delivering inferior service to be used by UK public
              * they post fake job ads to harvest our CVs and personal details
              * they pass on our personal details to scammers and other crooks in India, deliberately or as a side-effect of their internal processes or staff
              * they hire students straight from college/uni with zero commercial experience, who are then abused by managers and paid next to nothing (hence undercutting)
              * they pretend those students are experts and clients have no means of checking that until it's too late and sh*t has been delivered
              * they hire 1 good engineer for a project to "mentor" 10+ students, in other words 1 guy is doing all the work but client is still charged for 11 people on the project
              * they take our CVs, immediately reject us, change a few details and then pass that to the client as belonging to their "expert" staff

I have worked for these consultancies and saw all that first hand so don't try to defend them.

How can we fight back?

I did not know that and I was sharing my CV with those Indian recruitment agencies. Anyway, they have never returned back to me.

Comment

I finally understood why the uk gov was so adamant about IR35 and killing the contractor market:
                Ethics watchdog asked to assess if Rishi Sunak broke ministerial code | Rishi Sunak | The Guardian

They had to do that in order to benefit Sunak family... if I knew it, I would have loaded in shares of Infosys years ago knowing there would be unfair competition... :/

Comment

Originally posted by cwah View Post
                  I finally understood why the uk gov was so adamant about IR35 and killing the contractor market:
                  Ethics watchdog asked to assess if Rishi Sunak broke ministerial code | Rishi Sunak | The Guardian

They had to do that in order to benefit Sunak family... if I knew it, I would have loaded in shares of Infosys years ago knowing there would be unfair competition... :/
                  Stephen Timms, one of the architects of IR35 in 1999 was investigated over whether IR35 benefitted Ovum Ltd - a company in which he had shares. Plus ça change.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by cwah View Post

It would be barely credible if Rishi had introduced IR35 rather than Gordon Brown.
                    All Rishi has done is delay implementation of private sector reforms. Hardly a move done purely for self-interest.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      It would be barely credible if Rishi had introduced IR35 rather than Gordon Brown.
                      All Rishi has done is delay implementation of private sector reforms. Hardly a move done purely for self-interest.
                      Yeah but he made sure it's going to happen

Comment

Working...
                      X