• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

* they are stealing our clients and gigs
    * they are lying to clients to get business
    * they are undercutting us on every project
    * they lobby and push for IR35 to eradicate UK contracting
    * they have their dirty hands on our gov (see Chancellor and his relationship with Infosys)
    * they are eroding our public sector by "winning" (thanks to all above) gov contracts and then delivering inferior service to be used by UK public
    * they post fake job ads to harvest our CVs and personal details
    * they pass on our personal details to scammers and other crooks in India, deliberately or as a side-effect of their internal processes or staff
    * they hire students straight from college/uni with zero commercial experience, who are then abused by managers and paid next to nothing (hence undercutting)
    * they pretend those students are experts and clients have no means of checking that until it's too late and sh*t has been delivered
    * they hire 1 good engineer for a project to "mentor" 10+ students, in other words 1 guy is doing all the work but client is still charged for 11 people on the project
    * they take our CVs, immediately reject us, change a few details and then pass that to the client as belonging to their "expert" staff

I have worked for these consultancies and saw all that first hand so don't try to defend them.

How can we fight back?
    Last edited by JamesBrown11; 18 July 2020, 19:21.

We cant, the chancellors missus's dad runs one of them .weve no chance,

Comment

UK Businesses are almost entirely focussed on quarterly profits and would rather save a pound than earn a fiver. Until that changes work will be commissioned entirely on price with little or no consideration if it can actually be done properly.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
        * they are stealing our clients and gigs
        How can we fight back?
        These clients and gigs are not YOURS. They will hire whoever is the most cost effective solution. You can fight beck by doing better. If the can get one guy to do the work and bill for 11, whats stopping you to be as good as that one guy. Clearly he / she is good.

Do you feel UK carpenters do not moan like this the same way about imported chinese substitutes to their products? Thats how the game works. Wake up.

Comment

It is how the corporate world works. They win contracts and they fulfil them however they see fit.
          The reason that they get so many contracts and practices are so widespread could be a sign that is not random practice but actually done by design.

I would be more upset with the upper class and the architects of this society who probably believe that contractors have too many freedoms, wage growth has been too high and you need an more oppressing environment for the people to stay in line.
          That is how you reach the current state of society.
          It has to do with control and productivity and keeping a balance and trust in society. What some pesky group in the society thinks, is irrelevant.

Comment

Until we get a Trump of our own who proclaims Make Great Britain Great Again, we can never sort it out.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
              These clients and gigs are not YOURS. They will hire whoever is the most cost effective solution. You can fight beck by doing better. If the can get one guy to do the work and bill for 11, whats stopping you to be as good as that one guy. Clearly he / she is good.

Do you feel UK carpenters do not moan like this the same way about imported chinese substitutes to their products? Thats how the game works. Wake up.
              No, not when we are in business. But I’d argue that for permanent workers there should be some protection - i.e. the job should only be offered to an overseas candidate if a suitable resident candidate cannot be found.

Comment

We can't fight back.

I've been on projects where they are the overseas provider of a team and I've just called the quality of their work out. All that happens is they are replaced with another overseas provider in a different country that is slightly more expensive.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

just like people buy cheapest good which is made in china , the corporates want cheapest software services which they find with indian outsourcers. As non-techies they do not know and even do not care if the code quality or support service is not good. They care for their bonus only.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Until we get a Trump of our own who proclaims Make Great Britain Great Again, we can never sort it out.
                    Until last year I was working for a US company, I can assure you Trump made no difference.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X