• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here have experience with Sterlingbackcheck (employee screening/references)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here have experience with Sterlingbackcheck (employee screening/references)?

Currently going through employee screening checks and they seem to have quite strict requirements. They stipulate that they contact their own personal contacts instead of contacting referees that I give them to verify employment details. Is that a normal thing to do? Do they have a database of contacts from different recruitment agencies?

Additionally, my contracts all state 'consultant' but my on my CV I include my actual role title. Will that affect the reference checks?

Originally posted by Breakabreaka View Post
    Currently going through employee screening checks and they seem to have quite strict requirements. They stipulate that they contact their own personal contacts instead of contacting referees that I give them to verify employment details. Is that a normal thing to do? Do they have a database of contacts from different recruitment agencies?

Additionally, my contracts all state 'consultant' but my on my CV I include my actual role title. Will that affect the reference checks?
    The last sentence, I wouldn't worry about. You can explain that away by classing yourself as a consultant for your limited performing the role that the client has requested of you.

In terms of the first bit, they'll contact the admin team at the agency and won't give a toss which actual agent got you the gig intro. The agent won't see providing you reference details as a priority anyway and may even forget to do it, whereas it is part and parcel of the contracts admin team's life.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      The last sentence, I wouldn't worry about. You can explain that away by classing yourself as a consultant for your limited performing the role that the client has requested of you.

In terms of the first bit, they'll contact the admin team at the agency and won't give a toss which actual agent got you the gig intro. The agent won't see providing you reference details as a priority anyway and may even forget to do it, whereas it is part and parcel of the contracts admin team's life.
      +1

Screening agency will become tired of waiting for a reply from Recruitment agents, so they will ask you to provide your Accountant details from whom they will take details such as whether you were engaged in a role during that time

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
        +1

Screening agency will become tired of waiting for a reply from Recruitment agents, so they will ask you to provide your Accountant details from whom they will take details such as whether you were engaged in a role during that time
        No they won’t

They will just fail your onboarding

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          No they won’t

They will just fail your onboarding

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          Depends.

Mine have always demanded my accountant as they know it would be done quickly. They only do this after they have DBS and credit checked me.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Depends.

Mine have always demanded my accountant as they know it would be done quickly. They only do this after they have DBS and credit checked me.
            Mine have just asked for the agency that I went through. Presumably the likes of Adecco, RS, etc have agency admin team numbers on speed dial.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
            X