• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reference checks: my contract states 'Test Analyst' but my CV states 'Test Lead'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Yes, it is possible to request this.
    This should be any contractors default position.

Comment

Sometimes reference checks seem such a pointless box ticking exercise. I once had to provide 10 years of references for a contract. The third party that did the checks queried why one of the leaving dates I put on the form was out by one day compared to what the client had confirmed. I had to change it so they matched.

They got very confused by the fact I had a mixture of past perm, contract and freelance roles. They had to phone me five times for me to explain. I don't think they really grasped it.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
        Sometimes reference checks seem such a pointless box ticking exercise. I once had to provide 10 years of references for a contract. The third party that did the checks queried why one of the leaving dates I put on the form was out by one day compared to what the client had confirmed. I had to change it so they matched.

They got very confused by the fact I had a mixture of past perm, contract and freelance roles. They had to phone me five times for me to explain. I don't think they really grasped it.
        If they ask for 5 or 10 years (also in other cases where I have to explain gaps) I give them my accountant to be my referee to confirm I'm director of my Ltd company without any gaps for that period. So far this has always been accepted

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          If they ask for 5 or 10 years (also in other cases where I have to explain gaps) I give them my accountant to be my referee to confirm I'm director of my Ltd company without any gaps for that period. So far this has always been accepted
          That didn't work in my case as the 10 years included 5 years of contracting plus two perm jobs.

Comment

Lead Test Analyst and any combination of those are fine. If it says Test Manager, they may ask questions.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
            X