• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lorien contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtis View Post
    I've searched on here but most posts are quite old. I believe their payment terms may be monthly.
    Originally posted by Manic View Post
    Back in 2008 I did a gig through them. Was weekly payments.

Comment

I have worked for them a few times, sometimes it has been ok other times it has been a nightmare payment wise. And yes I have known them charge 50;squid for same day payments and leave people waiting months for payment

Comment

They are fine

You can get standard weekly payments if you ask on 7 day terms with no charge if you ask before you start your contract

Comment

I had nothing but trouble with this agency some years ago.
          Had to both walk offsite and start legal action to get paid.
          Never again.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Resurrection of a year old thread?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Resurrection of a year old thread?
              that's necromancy.
              #burnthewitch
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Hello, I have offer for a outside contract through Lorien however between the initial discussion of rate and what had finally been offered there is a 10% reduction. Lorien says it is what end client is prepared to give as they have another potential candidate.
                While obviously the decision to accept is just mine based on my circumstances, I wanted to ask what has been others experience on this when you are offered a lower rate to what you initially got put forward for.

Is it Lorien trying to take a bigger cut in between or just the client squeezing the contractors due to market conditions.
                I would have accepted the offered rate at the start, but just the change in expectations at this stage leaves a bad taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Win View Post
                  Hello, I have offer for a outside contract through Lorien however between the initial discussion of rate and what had finally been offered there is a 10% reduction. Lorien says it is what end client is prepared to give as they have another potential candidate.
                  While obviously the decision to accept is just mine based on my circumstances, I wanted to ask what has been others experience on this when you are offered a lower rate to what you initially got put forward for.

Is it Lorien trying to take a bigger cut in between or just the client squeezing the contractors due to market conditions.
                  I would have accepted the offered rate at the start, but just the change in expectations at this stage leaves a bad taste.
                  First question to ask any recruiter is if they are on fixed commission or not and get them to put it on a mail. They generally won't lie if it's going on an email. If they confirm they are on fixed commission so you can be pretty sure they aren't taking an extra cut of the commission to line their pockets. I think a good few of us who have had an agent come back and say 'its no £10 a day less for <insert stupid reason>'. Those people aren't on fixed commission and its down to negotiation.

I was with Lorien at a large retailer in Manchester and they were on fixed commission on that one but you'd have to ask them.

Do agents overplay the rate to try get the best candidates - absolutely. Do clients offer lower rates than agreed during the process - sometimes and do agents pocket some of your rate if it's not fixed - usually.

You've got to try work out which of the above three it is and I'd say if the agent confirms it's fixed then it's safe to assume its one of the first two.
                  The other way is to say no and be prepared to leave it (or at the very least make it look like you will). Play who blinks first and push it as far as you dare and the truth will emerge. They will drop you because it was the client or they'll fold and give you the right rate back.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

thanks NLUK, that is good post. Lets see how it goes, will push back a bit. Its just that the agent was a bit fluffy in lot of details and has completely lost my trust in this case and has raised supicion of taking a bit more of the pie then what should have been.

Comment

I worked for them and never had any issues. Was many years ago though.

Comment

Working...
                      X