• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online Test for Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Test for Interview

Hi all,

In these covid times companies are giving online timed tests for .NET c# and other languages. Does anyone have any experience with these? Any idea on formats etc?

Originally posted by Jake1000 View Post
    Hi all,

In these covid times companies are giving online timed tests for .NET c# and other languages. Does anyone have any experience with these? Any idea on formats etc?
    Yep, the people who pass those tests will be crap so working there will also be crap.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you Google you should find examples.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The future of contracting. Multiple online and phone interviews, followed by multiple online technical aptitude tests, followed by a mini project to prove your skills, followed by a presentation of said mini project, followed by the offer of £200/day for 3 months inside IR35.

Comment

They'll tire you up with useless tests that do not prove anything.

You'll spend quite a few hours on each. And they'll spend maybe a few minutes giving you feedback on them.
          They might slip in some production issue that they've been struggling with.

Just because they are so great to work for and so cool. And everyone just wants to work for them.

The market is fundamentally flawed and that is partially because, the intent it is for it to be difficult, people have to be bossed around.
          That's how good slaves are made. Deeply embedded indebted servitude.

Try through close friends and people that you know inside a company.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            The future of contracting. Multiple online and phone interviews, followed by multiple online technical aptitude tests, followed by a mini project to prove your skills, followed by a presentation of said mini project, followed by the offer of £200/day for 3 months inside IR35.
            For somebody who binned off contracting because they hated it so much, you sure do spend a lot of time spouting tulipe here. It's funny, when I went permie I didn't really feel the need to venture into the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              For somebody who binned off contracting because they hated it so much, you sure do spend a lot of time spouting tulipe here. It's funny, when I went permie I didn't really feel the need to venture into the forum.
              I'm just trying to bring a sense of perspective to those who are choosing 18 months on the bench as their next career move.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I'm just trying to bring a sense of perspective to those who are choosing 18 months on the bench as their next career move.
                No, you're really not. You're bitter contracting didn't work out for you and now you're polluting the forum with your crap.

Comment

No, you're really not. You're bitter contracting didn't work out for you and now you're polluting the forum with your crap.
                  Worked out fine pre the IR35 rules, I did 20 years outside IR35, and invoiced for well over £2,000,000 in that period.

HTH BIDI

Comment

It does not work for anyone. If you consider the risk of bench time. Risk of tax investigations. The risk premium you would get for a contract is not actually worth it.

If you are a high flyer and getting north of £800pd outside contract. Good for you. I would presume there are not many of those roles around.

For the rest of run of the mill people that were seeing an opportunity to stay away from corporate politics, afford more holidays per year there is only one option now: go permi and see yourself being fired in 6m when the client no longer needs you there.
                    If they need a temporary resource now, they'll just get someone in, lie to him of the opportunities and amount of work than fire him in 1 year when there is no more work around on a made up reason.

There are not many rights for a person working for an organisation for less than 2 years.
                    Or if they want total protection, they put you on 3m probation than extend that once or twice before firing you.
                    Business as usual.

Comment

Working...
                    X