• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone back from Spain - you could be exempt from quarantine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone back from Spain - you could be exempt from quarantine

Coronavirus (COVID-19): travellers exempt from border rules in the UK - GOV.UK
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Maybe clients can protect their sensible staff by instant termination of anyone suspected of travelling to Covid hotspots without a GOOD reason...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Maybe clients can protect their sensible staff by instant termination of anyone suspected of travelling to Covid hotspots without a GOOD reason...
      When I went FCO were allowing travel to these countries so no massive risk. BTW - no cases in lanzarote for almost 2 months and it is, after all, over a 1000 miles from a hotspot.

Of course, feel free to stick your head under the quilt for a bit longer.

Comment

They might be allowing it to try and prop up the economy. Doesn't mean its a good idea to go.

Move to General please.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          When I went FCO were allowing travel to these countries so no massive risk. BTW - no cases in lanzarote for almost 2 months and it is, after all, over a 1000 miles from a hotspot.

Of course, feel free to stick your head under the quilt for a bit longer.
          It's a shame you got caught up in it, a bit of bad luck there as like you said there haven't been any cases for over two months there. I hope you got a relatively cheap deal? My wife has been looking for a staycation for her sister (who's very ill) and the prices are sky high.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            They might be allowing it to try and prop up the economy. Doesn't mean its a good idea to go.

Move to General please.
            NLUK dont talk bollacks. I am highlighting the facts presented in an official government document that may be useful for other contractors.....

If you don't personally agree with its contents, they thats your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              It's a shame you got caught up in it, a bit of bad luck there as like you said there haven't been any cases for over two months there. I hope you got a relatively cheap deal? My wife has been looking for a staycation for her sister (who's very ill) and the prices are sky high.
              Bit of a bummer we wanted to go to greece but they werent letting UK people in until the day before we planned to go. If they extended that it would have meant cancelling. Wish we'd done that now.
              No inklling that they'd do this with spain of course.

Spanish over there completely bewildered about why the uk are including the canary islands when its 1000 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Bit of a bummer we wanted to go to greece but they werent letting UK people in until the day before we planned to go. If they extended that it would have meant cancelling. Wish we'd done that now.
                No inklling that they'd do this with spain of course.

Spanish over there completely bewildered about why the uk are including the canary islands when its 1000 miles away.
                Well you should be spending your moolah here to keep the country afloat mate, I think we need it more than the Spanish
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  Well you should be spending your moolah here to keep the country afloat mate, I think we need it more than the Spanish
                  To be honest, I've got a lot of kebabs planned for the next few weeks.....

Comment

Working...
                  X