• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New starter checklist: A, B or C?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hollyhock View Post
    Sorry if it wasn't clear. It's not really a 'dead end' reference though, as it relates to the HMRC questions directly. They specifically ask whether you had another 'job' in the current tax year and I simply wanted to know if my self employment from earlier in the year counted as a job or not, since it's about as clear as mud.

Statement C

- Choose this statement if:

• you have another job and/or

But no matter, I've asked my accountant now, which despite his usual slowness probably would have saved me more time had I done it instead of coming on here in the first place.
    And what did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
      And what did he say?
      He said it was very clearly statement A, because HMRC won't consider my freelance dalliances as a 'job'.

Comment

Working...
      X