• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How should I answer... "Do you have any other interview processes?"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The ideal answer is yes because they will know they have competition, but don't give them the details otherwise they'll pinch your contracts.
    If they push then point out that they wouldn't give you details of their other contacts either.
    Where a "Yes" is tricky is where an agency can only put forward a fixed number of CVs for a role in competition with other agencies. They may not want to "waste" a CV where a contractor may not take up the role. But maybe this is outdated - I've not applied for a role via an agency in the last 10 years or so.

Comment

My standard answer is no but I am going to continue looking for other opportunities if this application turns out unsuccessful.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Where a "Yes" is tricky is where an agency can only put forward a fixed number of CVs for a role in competition with other agencies. They may not want to "waste" a CV where a contractor may not take up the role. But maybe this is outdated - I've not applied for a role via an agency in the last 10 years or so.
        An agency is always going to restrict the number of CVs they send to a role (send me more than the CVs I've asked for and the agency better have a great explanation) - so only tell agencies you are interviewing if they are the people who have sent you to interview.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Don't play hard to get, don't be snotty, always answer what THEY want to hear

"No, you're the first one!"

They want a dead cert candidate, saying anything else harms you.

And don't ever feel guilty about working two or more leads together to ultimately pick from one and disappoint the other. They would - and probably are - doing the same with you.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Of course if you're bored you could say you have an interview with another company however give them details of a mate and see if they ring up...

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

CV... interview...? I thought this is a contractor forum.

But on a serious note, speak the truth. If you talk with multiple clients and discussing your portfolio, then it may get potential client to make up their mind quicker.
              Just don't mention who it is with as this is your trade secret and your other potential clients wouldn't like to be mentioned either.

Unless you are going to get yourself into some strange exclusive inside IR35 kind of deal, be on the lookout for new clients all the time and be open about it, so there are no surprises.

Comment

Give a very vague answer.
                Yes, I have submitted my CV and my application is in progress for a number of roles. However, the agencies have not made it known who their clients are and I have still waiting for a first interview.

Comment

Working...
                X