• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How should I answer... "Do you have any other interview processes?"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should I answer... "Do you have any other interview processes?"

How should I answer... "Do you have any other interview processes?" if recruiters ask.

The answer is generally... "Yes, my CV has been submitted to 5 other companies", but I don't want to scare recruiters away.

You answer No

If you answer yes, they will ask what companies and call them up hoping to get the Business

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

If they ask you which companies, you give the name and number of the agency. Much fun to be had.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The answer is always No. You are running a business, these details are confidential.

Comment

I always went I've only just started looking unless the interviews were via different agents at the same agency.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Answer no.

But you may as well hang up at this point. This not a real recruiter with a real job, it's a sales call.

Comment

No until you have accepted the offer.

Once they are trying to stiff you on rates, you have other irons in the fire.

Comment

Agency - No, you don't need to give them any reason to send someone else instead of you.

Client Co during negotiations (interview) - Yes, you want them to move quickly and not mess around. If they want you, they need to offer. this is a std. sales technique - cars, houses etc etc

M

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I always went "I've only just started looking" unless the interviews were via different agents at the same agency.
                  Exactly. Me too.

Much better for the client than a worrying Yes, and an unimpressive No.

Comment

The ideal answer is yes because they will know they have competition, but don't give them the details otherwise they'll pinch your contracts.
                    If they push then point out that they wouldn't give you details of their other contacts either.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X