• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going perm or waiting it out - numbers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been out of contract (by choice) since last September.
    Had a new contract due to start in March, but the virus put paid to that.

I've had a couple of permie interviews, but to be honest my heart is not really in it.

Its not all about the money either, I love contracting and I really enjoy my work. I like the freedom and I like moving on and meeting new people on each new project.

I guess it looks like I'm waiting it out
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Whatever this means, cutting my nose off to spite my face, it probably sums up the below.

Will wait for Outside IR35 contracts only. Not going perm, not going Inside. Or, any gig which means paying the tax abroad.

And if that means an indeterminate wait, then (currently) so be it.

Part of me wants to finish up 2021 without having paid to the HMRC a dime of tax - Legally.
      Last edited by simes; 11 August 2020, 08:18.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Hand your account in on the way out. You can start a new one if you do decide to come back...

Bye
        Still not come to terms with me coming in, making a mint and leaving then no?

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
          Still not come to terms with me coming in, making a mint and leaving then no?
          You are right I haven't.. How the hell did that happen?? But anyway, it's done, contractor badge is in so see you in a few years time
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You are right I haven't.. How the hell did that happen?? But anyway, it's done, contractor badge is in so see you in a few years time
            As I'm liquidating my company, I still may need your input so I'll stay around but after that don't be too proud to ask me for a loan during your next barren period.

Comment

I'm on contract right now thankfully but it will come to an end soon probably, not looking forward to what's awaiting me.

I'd rather take a tulip rate or go inside then go perm though. Hopefully there is at least something out there for me in a couple months even if it's a tulip rate inside.

For me the worst part about perm is the fact that there is no end in sight. It destroys my soul. I like completing something and moving onto something new.

Comment

Currently in contract until November, but Perm is look very appealing in the current climate.

Already starting to look at the market and apply to the odd perm role that appeals. Would like to stay contracting, but IR35/Covid makes it feel an uphill struggle, and with a young family and wife not working, we'd struggle if 6+ months out of work.

Comment

I always like to keep all options open

Got a healthy warchest to keep me going to the end of the year / beyond, so will see what happens!

Comment

This "reform" is nicely thought out in the sense that when most people move perm or go "inside" then HMRC can argue that it proves their point that self-employment in these areas is fake.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                      This "reform" is nicely thought out in the sense that when most people move perm or go "inside" then HMRC can argue that it proves their point that self-employment in these areas is fake.
                      Inneresting.

Comment

Working...
                      X