• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going perm or waiting it out - numbers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going perm or waiting it out - numbers

Curious that is all, how many already took the plunge and went perm and who's still waiting for that outside / reasonable rate contract?

For those who decided to go perm, is it definite with ltd closure or just to wait things out and you are keeping you ltd dormant?

Limited close for me. Can't see me going back to freelancing unless the latest IR35 bollox is completely repealed or negated.

On that basis, I'm perm till retirement.

Comment

The world has changed. I suspect the idea that we will bring someone in to do XYZ will disappear and clients will instead head to consultancies / boutique consultancies who will add just enough management on top to make it look like an outside project (well at least that is my plan).

So the options will be to get in with those consultancies, go permie with said consultancies or go permie at a client. The idea that agents will get a job request and search for people won't exist except for contracts listed on Digital outcomes which aren't supposed to be for agencies anyway.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Retirement for me. Aged 63 and had enough. Will close down Ltd and sail off into the sun.

Good luck to all

Schools Out x
        We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          The world has changed. I suspect the idea that we will bring someone in to do XYZ will disappear and clients will instead head to consultancies / boutique consultancies who will add just enough management on top to make it look like an outside project (well at least that is my plan).

So the options will be to get in with those consultancies, go permie with said consultancies or go permie at a client. The idea that agents will get a job request and search for people won't exist except for contracts listed on Digital outcomes which aren't supposed to be for agencies anyway.
          The boutique consultancy (I like the phrase) gets talked about very often on here. And usually by people without a clue.
          I think you’re right that a lot of work will become available like this. I’m starting to see some headway amongst my network, although Covid has hit it quite hard.
          Gcloud is also looking like an option for similar setups. All the public sector companies who have a specific project in mind can put them out to tender in gcloud and if you already have a contact in the client, could become quite a little gravy train.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Went perm. In process of liquidating company. I'll assess finances after 2 or 3 years and if I feel I'm being underpaid, and if contracting goes back to pre-IR35 fruitfulness, then I'll return.

Comment

Waiting it out at the moment, but have to admit I am not confident of many things of which IR35 is just one. Economy, pandemic, etc.

Even if/when I get a gig in next few weeks, that possibly takes me up to next March, then what?

Have a decent warchest but I know it won't last forever.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Hanging on in there. I think we have seen the worst.

Comment

Why not create a poll?

Looking for contract only
                  Looking for perm
                  Looking for both contract/perm
                  etc.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
                    Went perm. In process of liquidating company. I'll assess finances after 2 or 3 years and if I feel I'm being underpaid, and if contracting goes back to pre-IR35 fruitfulness, then I'll return.
                    Hand your account in on the way out. You can start a new one if you do decide to come back...

Bye
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X