• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HAYS messed up my onboarding process and now I have no job to go to!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    None whatsoever.
    As I am learning :-) seems like they have the license to fu*k up anything they want to with zero comeback!!!

Comment

Its Hays.
      Awful agency.
      Hardly surprising from them.
      No chance of any compo.
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Davenutter View Post
        As I am learning :-) seems like they have the license to fu*k up anything they want to with zero comeback!!!
        Now now.. Don't be a hater... It is possible there is a reason why it took so long and why the offer was refused. Agents may be crap but one thing they don't tend to do is chuck their commission down the road for no reason.

Just because you were with the company before that doesn't mean you get a red carpet straight in the door. You have no contractual relationship with the client so what checks they did on you are irrelavent. You are now contracted with Hays who have to do their own diligence. It may even have some elements the client wants but at the end of the day to do it properly they have to start from scratch so you can't go hating them for that. Your engagement has fundamentally changed so the process starts again.

There there is the fact everything is slow with Covid. There may be a genuine backlog somewhere yadda yadda.

Also you generaly can't sue them for something you didn't have. They missed undefined cut of for reasons that might be genuine at which point the client pulled the role for reasons unknown that could have had nothing to do with the delay. Either way, you never entered in to an agreement to get paid for work. Even if you did you didn't do any work to get paid for so you've not earned anything that you could lose. It's extremely difficult to sue for something you 'might have' earned.

You should have been continuing to apply for gigs right up to the point you were sitting at the clients desk. Gigs fall though all the time so if you continue applying it shouldn't be so much of a hiccup. If you stop applying and put all your eggs in one basket it's gonna sting.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 11 August 2020, 09:53.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Now now.. Don't be a hater... It is possible there is a reason why it took so long and why the offer was refused. Agents may be crap but one thing they don't tend to do is chuck their commission down the road for no reason.

Just because you were with the company before that doesn't mean you get a red carpet straight in the door. You have no contractual relationship with the client so what checks they did on you are irrelavent. You are not contracted with Hays who have to do their own diligence. It may even have some elements the client wants but at the end of the day to do it properly they have to start from scratch so you can't go hating them for that. Your engagement has fundamentally changed so the process starts again.

There there is the fact everything is slow with Covid. There may be a genuine backlog somewhere yadda yadda.

Also you generaly can't sue them for something you didn't have. They missed undefined cut of for reasons that might be genuine at which point the client pulled the role for reasons unknown that could have had nothing to do with the delay. Either way, you never entered in to an agreement to get paid for work. Even if you did you didn't do any work to get paid for so you've not earned anything that you could lose. It's extremely difficult to sue for something you 'might have' earned.

You should have been continuing to apply for gigs right up to the point you were sitting at the clients desk. Gigs fall though all the time so if you continue applying it shouldn't be so much of a hiccup. If you stop applying and put all your eggs in one basket it's gonna sting.

It's a fair point and one well made.

Comment

Originally posted by Davenutter View Post
            It's a fair point and one well made.
            Don't say that, he doesn't need any more ego massaging

Comment

Cool story bro!
              That what your accountant said?

Comment

100% this, they would place their grandmother in a role if it got them their £££££!

It's a pI$$er but that's contracting!

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                  Its Hays.
                  Awful agency.
                  Hardly surprising from them.
                  No chance of any compo.
                  I've worked through Hays twice and had a good experience. Big company so I guess some variation is to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I've worked through Hays twice and had a good experience. Big company so I guess some variation is to be expected.
                    Same. Hays got me both a contract and a permanent role; never had a problem with them. The agent still emails me every 6 months, just to touch base. Good lad, would definitely work with them again.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                      Same. Hays got me both a contract and a permanent role; never had a problem with them. The agent still emails me every 6 months, just to touch base. Good lad, would definitely work with them again.
                      Yup as above... no issues with my gig via them... and got paid on 7 days too, every 7 days!

Comment

Working...
                      X