• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HAYS messed up my onboarding process and now I have no job to go to!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
    Yup as above... no issues with my gig via them... and got paid on 7 days too, every 7 days!
    Yep. Weekly self-invoicing with 7 days payment terms. And their margin was 4.76%.

Comment

Hays are on the PSL for a lot of large organisations so often work on high volume, low margins. There seems to be a lot of variability between their different offices, I've dealt with several both as a candidate and hiring and some of the staff have been very good, one or two have been terrible. Arguably the most clueless contract agent I ever dealt with was from Hays.

Comment

Hays is one of the top 3 worst agencies I've ever dealt with. I don't interact with them anymore, hate them with a passion.

Quite alot of their job listings are fake. They probably make more money harvesting data than finding people jobs imo.

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
          Hays is one of the top 3 worst agencies I've ever dealt with. I don't interact with them anymore, hate them with a passion.

Quite alot of their job listings are fake. They probably make more money harvesting data than finding people jobs imo.
          That's not my experience. I've worked with them on some big perm campaigns and seen them work with other major clients I know as well as using them a lot for hiring contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
            That's not my experience. I've worked with them on some big perm campaigns and seen them work with other major clients I know as well as using them a lot for hiring contractors.
            That's very surprising. During my time in financial services I've never heard colleagues say good things about HAYS; only negative feedback. Never met anyone who's landed a role via Hay's. The medium/small size agencies work are far better than Hay's and other big agencies.

They used to keep inviting me for coffee chat's and making me go to their office so they can scan my passport and get to know my CV and all that bulltulip. After about the 4th coffee date, I declined it and refused to waste my time with Hay's again. Not once have Hay's landed me even an interview, and I've consistently worked at Tier 1 firms i.e. JPMorgan etc.

Also their churn rate on staff is very high - every 6 months it would be a different young graduate calling me and asking me a coffee intro. At smaller agencies, the recruiters stay there for years on end and you build a solid lasting relationship. When a job pops up, they call me straight away, no nonsense BS.

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
              That's very surprising. During my time in financial services I've never heard colleagues say good things about HAYS; only negative feedback. Never met anyone who's landed a role via Hay's. The medium/small size agencies work are far better than Hay's and other big agencies.

They used to keep inviting me for coffee chat's and making me go to their office so they can scan my passport and get to know my CV and all that bulltulip. After about the 4th coffee date, I declined it and refused to waste my time with Hay's again. Not once have Hay's landed me even an interview, and I've consistently worked at Tier 1 firms i.e. JPMorgan etc.

Also their churn rate on staff is very high - every 6 months it would be a different young graduate calling me and asking me a coffee intro. At smaller agencies, the recruiters stay there for years on end and you build a solid lasting relationship. When a job pops up, they call me straight away, no nonsense BS.
              Don't get me wrong, as per my posts above, some of their less experienced consultants leave a lot to be desired but I have dealt with some good ones. I've also worked with some of their people at Director level where they are usually fairly solid.

In general though, I agree with you that the small/medium size agencies are better for a) building long term relationships either as a candidate or hiring manager and b) knowing their stuff and being able to source and present very good candidates.

Comment

Hays delayed one of my contracts because they had to see my passport in person, which they already saw in person for a previous contract, just a year earlier and refused to use the postoffice verification service

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Hays delayed one of my contracts because they had to see my passport in person, which they already saw in person for a previous contract, just a year earlier and refused to use the postoffice verification service
                  And? What's wrong with this? They are following the law and due diligence, albeit a bit doggedly.. but still, that's the law.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If it wasn't the same agent then they have to cover their own back.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Not doubting you for a minute but I had exactly the opposite experience last year. I'd shown Hays my ID docs for a previous role (can't even remeber what it was) and when they called me for a new contract they were happy to use my ID from before.

Got the contract - Hays were ok on their onboarding etc. but I have to say the clients SC verification and transfer process was a nightmare, they kept insisting I'd lived in Bulgaria just because my previous contract had been paid via a Bulgaria agency!

I'd not have a problem going with Hays again....but as said before, how one office works might be a lot different to another.

Comment

Working...
                      X