• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever won anything on DigitalMarketPlace?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    They'll have another clear out like they did around GC6 or 7 and got rid of all the one man band applications.

I'll be 90% of people either thinking of applying or are already on the framework have no idea of the hoops they have to jump through to get work. In many cases you'll have to go in and give a presentation which will be scored as has already been demonstrated. You'll be up against consultancies who'll bring a few people in and do a proper speil. You turn up on your own with half a presentation expecting an interview style meeting you'll be very embarrased. Not that you'll get that far.

People make out it's the holy grail and you've got to be on these portals but the reality is vastly different.
    In some cases you're right. But not all.
    I was involved in, from a clients side, a tender process with only one responder. They got the work. They can't do the job but those procurement rules work both ways. We have to work with them to deliver as sacking them isn't easy.

If a one man contractor goes for a piece of work that is valued at over £500k then they need a reality check. If the work is around £50k for a 3 month project, then the big boys aren't interested so the little guy is in with a shot.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Anyone who applied for GCloud 12 had any update yet?

I applied but didnt hear anything by the 1st Sept, so I'm guessing they're running a little behind this year or I just wasn't successful.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        Anyone who applied for GCloud 12 had any update yet?

I applied but didnt hear anything by the 1st Sept, so I'm guessing they're running a little behind this year or I just wasn't successful.
        I was going to post the same last week - I suspect things are running behind as I really can't see this round being one that has a clear out.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Applications are still being reviewed apparently.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Spoke to the G-Cloud helpline a few days ago when the 1st Sep deadline passed - they now say decisions will be made by the 11th Sep.
            Not sure what they'll say on the 11th though

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              Applications are still being reviewed apparently.
              Can't be!
              Everyone is more efficient and productive when working from home.. so I was told

Comment

Well...11th is here and no decision email from G-cloud yet.

Any bets on whether they come out during the day?

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
                  Well...11th is here and no decision email from G-cloud yet.

Any bets on whether they come out during the day?
                  I saw the date of the 15th somewhere.

Interestingly one of our products is now wrong as I've just changed the pricing model to reflect a move made by an (international) competitor.

Comment

Application Successful

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Application Successful

still waiting for mine
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X