• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever won anything on DigitalMarketPlace?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a quick look at the current offerings and there seems to be a high number of applicants per contract.

Comment

Not had the notification e-mail yet but logged into my Digital Marketplace account and G-Cloud 12 is now live.

Updated my LinkedIn.... just sitting back waiting for the first gabillion pound contracts to come rolling in

Comment

I never thought to do that, advertise that I'm a DOS supplier. Different kettle of fish to G-Cloud, I know but I wonder if that works? I'll give it a try when DOS5 gets going.

Comment

From what I can gather lots of recruitment firms have signed up and are basically touting the jobs on JobServe.

Not sure if this is a new phenomena or if the agents have always applied.

Guess it's just a numbers game for them.

Comment

Originally posted by coolhandluke View Post
            From what I can gather lots of recruitment firms have signed up and are basically touting the jobs on JobServe.

Not sure if this is a new phenomena or if the agents have always applied.

Guess it's just a numbers game for them.
            As I said before that's always been the case. The difference is, is that if you are on the framework you can go direct.

And agents do need to be on the framework as otherwise a whole set of experts (who aren't on the framework) will be excluded from the project.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I never thought to do that, advertise that I'm a DOS supplier. Different kettle of fish to G-Cloud, I know but I wonder if that works? I'll give it a try when DOS5 gets going.
              It's on my LinkedIn, Faceache page, buisness cards and even the website that no-one ever visits!

Can't hurt and a single contract win can make it all worth while.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                It's worth advertising GCloud as on your website as that says - here is an easy way you can purchase what we offering under a framework that you understand. Yes Gcloud also includes tenders for work but personally they aren't worth the hassle.

DOS is a different beast, that is a means for outsourcing work - so it's worth being on it as it allows you to bid for the work but it's not something where saying you are on it will help you get work through it.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

DOS vs G-Cloud explained (with relaxing music and no talking)

Comment

Wanted to say a big thank you to OP for posting this. I'm currently with a vendor (...) that has a DOS contract.

Has anyone had experience of winning a DOS contract and working directly with the public sector? I'm quite aggrieved to give a chunk of my day rate to people who do nowt.

Any tips, guidance, tricks, advice on bribes duly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
                      Wanted to say a big thank you to OP for posting this. I'm currently with a vendor (...) that has a DOS contract.

Has anyone had experience of winning a DOS contract and working directly with the public sector? I'm quite aggrieved to give a chunk of my day rate to people who do nowt.

Any tips, guidance, tricks, advice on bribes duly appreciated
                      Tip #1 sign up to the framework! It's open now.

Comment

Working...
                      X