• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview cancelled Twice - Never happened before

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Are you a high risk Covid19 group ?

Fat / bald / bame / man / over 40 etc

Some employers are checking out social media and online photos to see if your lifestyle puts you at higher risk, so won’t take the chance and easy to cancel and make up lame excuses

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    It's not a problem to put the ability to end the contract with immediate effect. Unless we are talking about actual employment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kprad35 View Post
      I have had 2 interviews cancelled recently for the following reasons:

1 They have filled the role before the interview
      2 They are no longer going ahead with the role.

Since I have never expereinced this situation before, I have become bit paranoid as I prepared extensively for these interviews. it was quite frustrating to get last minute cancellation notification.

Is it because that the interviews are now set up directly with the candidate through teams or webex, it is easier to cancel with one click without going through agency and explaining reasons?

Quite frustrated - did anyone face this situation?
      Seriously, have you not been contracting long? Ive had jobs pulled before and after interview for various reasons. The 'have filled the role before interview is very common. Ive won and lost out jobs this way.

No longer going ahead with the role is usually budgetary issues. Simple action, move on.

Comment

They might've binned the roles when the recession figures were announced at the end of the week. Annoying but nothing untoward.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          They might've binned the roles when the recession figures were announced at the end of the week. Annoying but nothing untoward.
          The recruitment agencies are pretty desperate at the minute with the down-slide and they are the worst type of people you want to be desperate, all kinds of strange things will start happen and you can't really believe anything you are told, to be honest

Comment

Different clients/contracts?

I had a client cancel twice. Arranged for 1230 so I could speak them during lunchtime. Day 1 - cancelled at 1225.
            Day 2 - just did not ring me. At something like 1455 the agency rang me to say they'd call at 3pm. Ummm no I'm in a meeting.

Didn't get another chance. Agent told me they weren't impressed that I wasn't flexible with the interview time....

As with all things, would they be impressed if you started taking interview calls at your desk if you were contracted to them?
            Same as the ones who want you to start next monday and not give notice or wait a week or two until gig ends...
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Thanks all for taking time to response - This really helped in keeping me motivated in my job search.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnM View Post
                Its just a coincidence mate nothing to be paranoid about

Key thing in contracting is never ever think you have got a new gig until you actually start work, no matter how quick they come back with interview request, no matter how well you think you have done in interview, even after offer, even after you have signed a contract. Never ever take it as a given and always have potential back ups until you start work.
                And, in fact, even after you have started work. Your contract is likely not worth the paper it's written on and your client can almost certainly terminate at any time and for any reason. Always have more opportunities on the go and be ready to move on to something else at any time as, in this game, it's all about looking after number 1.

Comment

Sign of the times.

I imagine a lot of contracts will get pulled over the next 6 to 12 months. I've been talking to businesses that deal with supply chains from top to bottom, and this whole consumption model is faltering.

There's a real sh1tstorm coming.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                    And, in fact, even after you have started work. Your contract is likely not worth the paper it's written on and your client can almost certainly terminate at any time and for any reason. Always have more opportunities on the go and be ready to move on to something else at any time as, in this game, it's all about looking after number 1.
                    Correct.

"The budget has been pulled for this project. Sorry."
                    "But I demand to work my notice!!!!"
                    "Okay, but there's no money to pay you with. Are you alright working it for free?"
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X