• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Job Websites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Job Websites

Hi there

Im looking for current IT Job websites to update my CV on

I can think of the following:

Jobserve

Jobsite

CWJObs

TotalJobs

Technojobs

Can anyone recommend other sites?

Yep that's about it.

You should also make sure your LinkedIn profile is in good shape too.

Comment

A couple more

Indeed
      CV Library

Its worth hitting as many as possible as not all agents use every site, and I've found some of them pick my CV up from random ones that I'd forgotten about.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Yep that's about it.

You should also make sure your LinkedIn profile is in good shape too.
        Thank you.

Is there still a facility to add your CV into your linked in profile?

Comment

Linkedin,
          This is almost the exclusive tool that in house recruiters use.
          With IR35 we will see lots more of the HR dept recruiting contractors.
          In theory they don't need agencies any more.
          Heres the thing, these in house recruiters/hr dept are bonused in a particular way.
          They are told the bonus at the start of the year and their target.
          If they use a job board they lose a few quid on their bonus each time they do it.
          If they use an agency they lose lots of their bonus. Each time.
          There are other things too but I have lot on today so cannot write in much more detail about this bonusing.
          They generally use standard linkedin accounts as HR are too tight to pay for premium or recruiter.
          They are also trained to be very non-negotiable in most cases. Expect the rate to be the rate. Expect blanket inisde IR35 in many cases too.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
            Expect blanket inisde IR35 in many cases too.
            HR is recruiting a Human Resource - if anyone expects otherwise they are in for a mighty surprise.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Some of the sites listed are the same now.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                They generally use standard linkedin accounts as HR are too tight to pay for premium or recruiter.
                Interesting. So does that mean you have set your availability status to share with all linkedin members and therefore adorn your photo with that awful desperate looking #opentowork banner?

Comment

Originally posted by ittony View Post
                  Interesting. So does that mean you have set your availability status to share with all linkedin members and therefore adorn your photo with that awful desperate looking #opentowork banner?

Comment

Originally posted by ittony View Post
                    Don't forget you need to deal with pimps who posting their endless "Ohhh, everyone has to be nice to each other, why I bought a homeless person a coffee and lo and behold he magically happened to have a fantastc skillset but was just a tad unlucky, so I gave a mate his details and he got a job, wow, aren't I amazing!"

Comment

Working...
                    X