• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ready for 24% Corp tax?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready for 24% Corp tax?

Another blow coming

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    Another blow coming
    Just a cost of doing business - and for those who just want to work it will make that inside contract look slightly more inviting
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Also raids on companies who pay themselves in dividends.

Contracting in the U.K. is now officially dead. Time for me to sell up and move to Andalusia.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
        Also raids on companies who pay themselves in dividends.

Contracting in the U.K. is now officially dead. Time for me to sell up and move to Andalusia.
        what raids? smth new?

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
          Another blow coming
          Any details? Google seems to not know much.

Comment

Speculation in the Sunday Times and the Telegraph. There will be speculation about every major tax between now and November. Most of it will be wrong.

p.s. FOG.

Comment

Reading the Mail (yes I know) it's nice to see how thick Boris and No 10 are.

They are asking for more spending cuts - when after 10 years of austerity there is nothing left to be cut. So tax rises it will have to be.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Some taxes will rise by some amount, probably more next year than this. However, this is just standard, pre-budget, kite flying by treasury officials. Happens every year. Look back to previous kite flying episodes 2+ months out from a budget and consider their accuracy

Comment

If they had just done this in the first place, instead of messing about with the contractor working model with IR35 reforms, I personally would have been happy to get on board with this.

For whatever reason, they need more cash. Ours not to reason why. Would be a lot easier to pay the 24% if we were actually able to work.

Comment

They are more than welcome to the 24% of nothing I am currently receiving.

Comment

Working...
                    X