• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts with NHS have always been crap but not this bad!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't honestly see what is crap about it. Although there is no rate, there is obviously some form of remuneration as it does state 'market rates' and remember it does say 'volunteer':

Volunteering is a voluntary act of an individual or group freely giving time and labour for community service
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      and remember it does say 'volunteer':
      You volunteer at what height you get sh*t on by NHS internal politics ?
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I don't honestly see what is crap about it. Although there is no rate, there is obviously some form of remuneration as it does state 'market rates' and remember it does say 'volunteer':
        Nope.

Both the contractor and the agents were volunteering their time. No remuneration.

I did ask this, not to get upset that the agents might be catered for and not the contractor, but to ensure that this 'role' would be chased through as though it Were a paying role.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          So what makes PC the problem when he's just posting a contract that he's seen?
          Exactly - no intention of taking that one!
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Meanwhile, the Government have just ended an 'Eat out to help out' scheme at a cost of what, £400m?

This is just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
              Meanwhile, the Government have just ended an 'Eat out to help out' scheme at a cost of what, £400m?

This is just robbing Peter to pay Paul.
              And may well have ensured people return to eating out - which would make the money more than justifiable.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

How much are the recruiter being paid per volunteer?

Comment

Originally posted by tl97 View Post
                  How much are the recruiter being paid per volunteer?
                  4 references.

Comment

I don't know about always crap but I was offered a contract with a large London NHS trust in 2014 at £550/day outside IR35, when my day rate range was around 550-650. I declined it as it seemed really boring.

However, I was recently approached by an agent for an Assistant Director of IT role in a very similar trust and the rate was actually lower for a role that should have been around 50% more. And it was inside IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                      I don't know about always crap but I was offered a contract with a large London NHS trust in 2014 at £550/day outside IR35, when my day rate range was around 550-650. I declined it as it seemed really boring.

However, I was recently approached by an agent for an Assistant Director of IT role in a very similar trust and the rate was actually lower for a role that should have been around 50% more. And it was inside IR35.
                      NHS Salaries outside of medical staff have always been low - so that second rate sounds right..
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X