• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts with NHS have always been crap but not this bad!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    NHS Salaries outside of medical staff have always been low - so that second rate sounds right..
    NHS employment works financially if you want to live somewhere where property is cheap and good job opportunities are few.

Comment

Originally posted by tl97 View Post
      How much are the recruiter being paid per volunteer?
      Again: Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        That firm has been running those adverts everywhere since Covid kicked off.

It's appalling but what do you really expect.
        They have indeed Viqu keep advertising the same fake roles for months now

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          They have indeed Viqu keep advertising the same fake roles for months now
          Oh do calm down.

There is nothing to suggest the roles are fake. As above, I did speak to an NHS chap so 'something' was available.

This might only be indicative of a less than responsive client who does not recognise, nor respect, the gratis offers and services of many.

Comment

Problem is public sector IT provision is a closed shop, seemingly even if you are offering your services for free. So far as I can see you still can't get SC clearance and the Tracking App was so obviously better suited to be developed by private sector companies with some experience of the technology as opposed to the next off the cab rank software provider they seem to rotate for major projects.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
              Problem is public sector IT provision is a closed shop, seemingly even if you are offering your services for free. So far as I can see you still can't get SC clearance and the Tracking App was so obviously better suited to be developed by private sector companies with some experience of the technology as opposed to the next off the cab rank software provider they seem to rotate for major projects.
              I never needed SC clearance for an NHS contract - maybe there are some NHS branded national public bodies that require it. There's lots of IT work (in normal times), but not so much software development if that's your thing (although it does exist in places).

Comment

Working for free solves the IR35 problem and means you are not affected by corp tax or NI/Tax band changes.

I this this is the dream opportunity we have all been waiting for.....
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I never needed SC clearance for an NHS contract - maybe there are some NHS branded national public bodies that require it. There's lots of IT work (in normal times), but not so much software development if that's your thing (although it does exist in places).
                  I was speaking generally although I have moved between industry sectors in the private sector with no small amount of success but never got near anything in the Public Sector.

From the outside looking in they seem happier putting barriers up to anyone getting involved than considering bringing fresh thinking in (although in fairness some areas of banking and finance are the same).

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                    I was speaking generally although I have moved between industry sectors in the private sector with no small amount of success but never got near anything in the Public Sector.

From the outside looking in they seem happier putting barriers up to anyone getting involved than considering bringing fresh thinking in (although in fairness some areas of banking and finance are the same).
                    I think that's true for a lot of sectors, particular retail and financial services. As well as working for several FTSE100 companies, I've worked in the public and not for profit sectors and both had plenty of people with private sector backgrounds. I think it depends on the steer from the senior leadership team. Personally I found it a lot more of a closed shop in finance - I hardly saw any vacancies for years that didn't say it was mandatory to have sector experience. I eventually got a gig in banking and hated it.

Comment

Finally a role that pays PC what he's worth.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X