• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts with NHS have always been crap but not this bad!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simes View Post
    Thankfully, the VSO, and the countless other organisations who organise such, seem to have enough people who think otherwise for them to remain in operation.

To each their own. But for my own, if I had done enough, and got enough, then if any of my skills could be put to use somewhere without funding, then I am up for it.
    VSO volunteering is abroad and is for organisations that wouldn't be employing people (at least not for the foreseeable future). The NHS do employ people and engage contractors. While it is entirely your choice anyone who works for free is offering them an incentive to do this less.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Just looking at a US org chart (not a bank)... a Director is level 6.
      1. President/CEO
      2. Executive Vice President
      3. Senior Vice President
      4. Vice President
      5. Senior Director
      6. Director
      7. Senior Manager
      8. Manager
      9. Senior Analyst/Developer/Support
      10. Analyst/Developer/Support
      11. Junior Analyst/Developer/Support
      (12. Intern)
      My business cards from the USA firm I work for have me down as Managing Director, There are only 2 people above me, one is 'Principal' and the other is 'Chief Technology Officer' so maybe not a typical USA company...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I seem to remember a lot of Directors in a company I used to work for suddenly becoming Vice Presidents when they started going to conferences in America as it got them better hotel rooms!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          My business cards from the USA firm I work for have me down as Managing Director, There are only 2 people above me, one is 'Principal' and the other is 'Chief Technology Officer' so maybe not a typical USA company...
          Is this professional services? Or what is it?

MD is most industries is same as ceo or reporting directly into ceo if they have both.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Just looking at a US org chart (not a bank)... a Director is level 6.
            1. President/CEO
            2. Executive Vice President
            3. Senior Vice President
            4. Vice President
            5. Senior Director
            6. Director
            7. Senior Manager
            8. Manager
            9. Senior Analyst/Developer/Support
            10. Analyst/Developer/Support
            11. Junior Analyst/Developer/Support
            (12. Intern)
            Originally posted by eek View Post
            So you are basically at director before you start looking at jobs that included actually management beyond being a Team Lead...
            Those of you who are quoting org structures from banking are off the mark when I mentioned an Assistant Director role in the context of the NHS. That role reported to the CIO. That's a fairly senior management role.

My current client is a London council. The CIO is at Assistant Director level. All the other Assistant Directors report into the Executive Directors which makes up most of the equivalent of the Board.

I could never understand American job grades, I've known people who claimed to be at VP level in investment banking who seemed barely past managing a few BAs.

Comment

2 weeks in and they want to start paying me, we'll see how much and for how long next.

Comment

Good luck with that.

Fair play to 'them' (who's Them?) for looking to cough up.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                  Good luck with that.

Fair play to 'them' (who's Them?) for looking to cough up.
                  The NHS

Comment

Working...
                  X