• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opus RS even releases source code to their fake job ads now :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opus RS even releases source code to their fake job ads now :)

Can't believe the market is so bad and dire that recruitment firms having started sending emails now with fake job ads showing off their source code too in it!

Clearly shows the market is filled with only fake jobs.

Here is one from Opus Rs today in my inbox... first time I am getting to see their code in it too

Looks like agencies are going Open source too!

Hi <Person.Person.PersonName>

An <%adjective> opportunity has arisen with an Education Software provider. The role is fully remote and this is an immediate requirement that can start w/c <%randomised.dateWithMonthName%>

You must have:

Angular <%x> experience
    HTML
    CSS

Desirable:

Node.js

Rate: £250-£275pd

Please contact me on <var phone.Number> or email me back your CV.

Best

<User.UserName>

loop iteration For <agent name> | RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
    <insert OPUS RS Logo>

continue;

Yep, they are famous for that.
    There was a chatty young lady with them, was calling me so often I tried to befriend her...

I’m an odd character sometimes. But she had nice insta photos, what can you do...

Comment

Lol, had call from someone from them yesterday.

Low rate but short term, needs must etc.

He asked how I was finding the market, I said a fair few jobs advertised but most were fakes, the old "need two references before submitting trick"... that a few agencies were trying it on.

Ended up by saying he'd sent the contract spec over.

Funnily enough, no email.

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
        Lol, had call from someone from them yesterday.

Low rate but short term, needs must etc.

He asked how I was finding the market, I said a fair few jobs advertised but most were fakes, the old "need two references before submitting trick"... that a few agencies were trying it on.

Ended up by saying he'd sent the contract spec over.

Funnily enough, no email.
        The key is, the moment they utter those words (or similar)... how are you finding the market.... it is a fake role, and they are just fishing. We can simply drop the call

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
          Yep, they are famous for that.
          There was a chatty young lady with them, was calling me so often I tried to befriend her...

I’m an odd character sometimes. But she had nice insta photos, what can you do...

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicWave View Post
            The key is, the moment they utter those words (or similar)... how are you finding the market.... it is a fake role, and they are just fishing. We can simply drop the call
            I find it more amusing to play with them for a bit. Same with all those Indian "Microsoft technicians" telling me I've an issue with widows, just need to get them to look into it. Strung one along for 45 minutes till I pointed out my laptop doesn't run windows....

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
              I find it more amusing to play with them for a bit. Same with all those Indian "Microsoft technicians" telling me I've an issue with widows, just need to get them to look into it. Strung one along for 45 minutes till I pointed out my laptop doesn't run windows....
              I do this too. It's the modern version of stringing along the cold-calling conservatory companies to the point where you get a booking in the diary for them to come and visit then drop into the conversation that you live in a 5th floor one bedroom flat.

Comment

Working...
              X