• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permanently delete data from Avance, Infoplus, Mpower Plus and Staffing Prime?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permanently delete data from Avance, Infoplus, Mpower Plus and Staffing Prime?

They keep deleting my data upon request, but then re-adding me to their database when I re-upload my CV to one of the big IT job boards, which I sometimes do weekly.

I get 8 phone calls per day from them sometimes for the same permanent position in Leeds.

The statistical chance of getting good results with Indian recruiters is <2%.
    The statistical chance of getting good results with British and European recruitment companies is much higher.

So I'm not really interested in getting their phone calls anymore, as they interrupt my day and never lead to anything. It's not worth spending my energy talking to these companies.

I've deleted my phone number from my CV for a while, but that backfired, as it made it harder for good recruiters to reach me as well. So I started missing out on good opportunities with recruitment companies that have direct contact with hiring managers of companies that pay well.

Have anybody solve this issue?

Block 'em.

Put the phone down on them and block 'em.

They send you an email, note the phone number and block 'em.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ask nicely!

I have now moved to offshore and I kindly request deletion of my details from your database.

Please do needful and revert at earliest.

Comment

Ask them politely if they are able to make a note not to contact you without your verbally abusing their staff every time they call.

Comment

Start your call with "sorry, I've got Tourette's" and have some fun.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Sadly, when you upload your CV to those sites, you don't get to choose who sees it and I suspect it also resets any preferences you've expressed to individual recruitment companies. It's a bit of an annoying loophole. Some <cough> reputable agencies might twig you're the same person who told them to take you off their database if they have a proper checking system in place but it's otherwise just going to be an ongoing battle.

I recall forever having to delete an iProfile account that used to get created with disappointing regularity. So glad that system has died a death.

I know Android phones (or it might just be the Pixels) that allow you to block a phone number, which is very handy, but they have to call you first I think.

Comment

The only way to solve is not upload your CV to job boards. As soon s you do that you agree to your personal information being sold.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Sadly, when you upload your CV to those sites, you don't get to choose who sees it and I suspect it also resets any preferences you've expressed to individual recruitment companies. It's a bit of an annoying loophole. Some <cough> reputable agencies might twig you're the same person who told them to take you off their database if they have a proper checking system in place but it's otherwise just going to be an ongoing battle.

I recall forever having to delete an iProfile account that used to get created with disappointing regularity. So glad that system has died a death.

I know Android phones (or it might just be the Pixels) that allow you to block a phone number, which is very handy, but they have to call you first I think.
                On iphone you can block the number then create a contact and keep adding all ignore numbers to that one contact. Saves Winker Agent 1, Winker Agent 2, etc.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I just have a contact "Indians" and add the numbers to that.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Nah you can block their number on Android phones before they call you.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X