• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permanently delete data from Avance, Infoplus, Mpower Plus and Staffing Prime?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    On iphone you can block the number then create a contact and keep adding all ignore numbers to that one contact. Saves Winker Agent 1, Winker Agent 2, etc.

And also check the actual phone number, because I created two phone numbers for Avance +44 203 123 4567 and also 0203 123 4567. Somehow I realised that international phone numbers were still getting through to my phone.

Some say this is a number games. I feel pity for the very first time IT contractors who have fallen in their traps.
    Last edited by rocktronAMP; 2 September 2020, 22:37. Reason: grammar

Comment

I do save and block phone numbers, but I have probably ~500-1000 recruiter phone numbers in my phone, but probably 70% aren't in the business anymore.

It's a lot of manual labour. Most EU/British recruiters actually read the first 5 lines of my CV, which say that I'm looking for a DevOps contract and where. Most Indian recruiters just use mass-spamming calling systems and they just call 1000 people per day asking if they are interested in a job working at €250 in Sligo working on the C++ cloud, where they rank your skills solely based on years of experience. So the candidate with 10 years of Kubernetes experience gets the interview, instead of the guy with 2 years of intense experience that gives workshops, classes, online trainings and has built much open source software.

My goal is to save time, to have the benefits of the good contacts. I think it's very valuable to have respectful conversations with people in the business, but it's much easier to keep a positive attitude when 80% of the phone calls you receive are positive, than when 80% of the phone calls you receive are garbage.

I already use temporary phone-numbers for finding contracts. My voicemail message clearly states what I'm looking for, that helped a little. Maybe I should work with multiple phone numbers, 1 good phone number for good recruiters and 1 more public phone number which I process just once a day.

It has no use getting my work interrupted 8 times in 2 hours when a new permanent job gets released in the Midlands. I don't even know where the Midlands are.

I'm even willing to pay £50 monthly to get rid of this problem. Maybe I'll hire my own Indian PA to answer and redirect my phone calls.

I think I'll do that:
      • Use 2 virtual VOIP numbers, 1 important, 1 public
      • Have a PA, that filters the phone calls of valuable contacts

Comment

It is a problem for both candidates and recruiters. We have a system to prevent the same email being added once deleted but that presents an alternative issue that when a candidate wants to be re-added we can't. I advise candidates to not request deletion but to update contact preferences or the best way is not to put your CV on a job board but instead connect directly with recruiters who work in your skill set.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Block 'em.

Put the phone down on them and block 'em.

They send you an email, note the phone number and block 'em.
          As soon as I hear a bad quality line with a very poorly English speaking person on the other end I hang up and block the number. Too bad they can't be blocked from leaving voicemails. The list of blocked numbers on my phone must be around 50. they keep trying to call from new numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            As soon as I hear a bad quality line with a very poorly English speaking person on the other end I hang up and....
            that's great unless you need to talk to Microsoft or most other 3rd party support vendors.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
            X