• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiters Asking About Interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruiters Asking About Interviews

If recruiters contacting me about a suitable role ask if I have any other interviews lined up, I have noticed that if I say yes I do, I don't always hear from them afterwards.

What is the thought process behind this ? Do they think steer clear because these other roles are one step ahead of theirs in the process for instance and therefore they would rather chase someone else?

Because they have another 200 candidates with 0 interviews who are immediately available, and therefore would be an easier & faster sell to the client.

Or, the job is fake.

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
      Because they have another 200 candidates with 0 interviews who are immediately available, and therefore would be an easier & faster sell to the client.

Or, the job is fake.
      But I would still be available immediately if required even if there is another interview pending.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        But I would still be available immediately if required even if there is another interview pending.
        Don't bother giving anyone a reason not to call you? No point in second guessing the unguessable.

'No, I have no interviews lined up. I've only just started looking.' And from that, they can't second guess anything.

Comment

I always say "no, I've only just started looking" irrespective of whether that's true or not.

Can't confirm if it makes any difference to getting an interview but it does stop them quizzing me about how I'm finding the market (i.e. trying to pump me for info about who's hiring)

Comment

A half decent recruiter would ask where those interviews are and steal in on the job.
            https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

If recruiters contacting me about a suitable role ask if I have any other interviews lined up, I have noticed that if I say yes I do, I don't always hear from them afterwards.

What is the thought process behind this ? Do they think steer clear because these other roles are one step ahead of theirs in the process for instance and therefore they would rather chase someone else?
              You've answered your own question. Say no, as they may be limited to 2 or 3 CVs for submission. Once you're landed the gig, then suddenly you do have other irons in the fire (to mitigate against lowballing).

Comment

You always have to say yes, but nothing in an advanced stage that will take me off the market yet. Even if you don't have anything lined up or a contract is imminent. They lie, you lie it's as simple as that.
                If you say yes, it means you're sought after and they're willing to go the extra mile for you, well at least some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  You always have to say yes, but nothing in an advanced stage that will take me off the market yet. Even if you don't have anything lined up or a contract is imminent. They lie, you lie it's as simple as that.
                  If you say yes, it means you're sought after and they're willing to go the extra mile for you, well at least some of them.
                  Have to? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                    A half decent recruiter would ask where those interviews are and steal in on the job.
                    My point exactly

Comment

Working...
                    X