• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) - Any experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) - Any experience

Anyone heard of, looked in to or used GLG . IT?

Looks like some kind of professional network of people to match to clients, possibly a bit like a professional people per hour thing? I've been referred but I see it's $100 for the referee if I get some work through the platform which tends to start the warning bells.

Anyone any experience or knows what this setup is about please?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Anyone heard of, looked in to or used GLG . IT?

Looks like some kind of professional network of people to match to clients, possibly a bit like a professional people per hour thing? I've been referred but I see it's $100 for the referee if I get some work through the platform which tends to start the warning bells.

Anyone any experience or knows what this setup is about please?
    What did your accountant say?

Comment

I had two invites from them in Aug 2018 and Oct 2019. Compared to many of the other similar requests I get via LinkedIn, these two actually seemed to line up well with some of my past experience and clients. Their website mentions they had been featured in Fast Company magazine and it looks like that was true - it's a respectable magazine too so perhaps a legit request overall.

World Changing Ideas Awards 2020: Corporate Social Responsibility Fina

Comment

Had a linkedin message from them yesterday. They made an offer of a paid interview. Can't be arsed to see whether it's legit or not so have ignored. Being permie, I'm no doubt bound by confidentiality agreements etc on what they want to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Had a linkedin message from them yesterday. They made an offer of a paid interview. Can't be arsed to see whether it's legit or not so have ignored. Being permie, I'm no doubt bound by confidentiality agreements etc on what they want to talk about.
          Which is a very good point, whether you're a perm or contractor.

Comment

I got an invite via LinkedIn for another 'research interview' on privileged access management (not GLG.)

Usually when I get these, it's $100-200. Today it was the princely sum of $20.

Comment

Working...
            X