• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract until EOY, handed in notice last week, now rate reductions starting nxt week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
    Yeah, that sounds like a great plan. Tell the client to shove 90% of what you had for 100% of nothing in this market in less than 6 weeks time. Not!
    We don't know that they haven't got another GIG lined up already, they don't say...

Of course if eberyone takes the "little man" option and says well "ok, you can give me a rate cut and I'll just suck it up" then they'll keep doing it, if we all had backbones and all refused they'd quickly backpedal.

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
      We don't know that they haven't got another GIG lined up already, they don't say...

Of course if eberyone takes the "little man" option and says well "ok, you can give me a rate cut and I'll just suck it up" then they'll keep doing it, if we all had backbones and all refused they'd quickly backpedal.
      did they have this other role lined up before the client even mentioned the rate cut then?

You can live in your made up utopia all you like. Or havent you noticed the supply of contractors grossly exceeds demands?

Comment

Actually, despite being a bit rude and presumptuous, TheDogsNads is probably right. I suspect I won't maximise $$$. I just don't care.

Funnily enough, no exceptions quickly turned into talk of an exception because rolling the dice on several million quids worth of investment for the saving of low tens of thousands isn't sensible. I declined that too.

I guess we'll need to wait to see if I'm posting on here in a years time that my warchest is depleted and I don't know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
          did they have this other role lined up before the client even mentioned the rate cut then?

You can live in your made up utopia all you like. Or havent you noticed the supply of contractors grossly exceeds demands?
          I can't say that I'd noticed. It's been a busy time in my industry all the way through this process and we can't hire contractors quick enough. Have you thought maybe it's not the market, maybe it's your skills???

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
            I can't say that I'd noticed. It's been a busy time in my industry all the way through this process and we can't hire contractors quick enough.
            Which industry is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Which industry is that?
              There is a clue in his username...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Catering?

Comment

There's a user called peoplesoftbloke (or simlar) on here. Ask him what technology he works with.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    There's a user called peoplesoftbloke (or simlar) on here. Ask him what technology he works with.
                    Well originally it was peoplesoft

However I think if you are in the oil industry you probably are there for life.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yep - Oil all the way (with the occasional other natural resource exploration gig)

Comment

Working...
                      X