• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone in a good mood nowadays?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing ok
    Just need to make sure my investments and property don't dry out.
    Semi retirement is quite nice
    As long as I can keep it that way.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
      Doing ok
      Just need to make sure my investments and property don't dry out.
      Semi retirement is quite nice
      As long as I can keep it that way.
      Surly property is going to tank sir?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Surly property is going to tank sir?

I think most things will tank to some level between now and 2022/3.
        All about keeping head well above water
        I don't think I get will get a dry out put it that way.
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Originally posted by ResistanceFighter View Post
          bounce back loan
          I meant BBC

Comment

Throughly down at the moment. That said there are people who are in contract who are probably wondering what the fuss is about and you only need one successful application.

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
              My lucrative offer withdrawn last minute , current contract not extended, pandemic accelerating, no brexit deal with europe as promised.
              Living in 9m people city and yet receive 1 call a week from pimps whilst looking, down from 10-15 a day in 2019.

Not sure if it's worth the money to pay for the flat, and just go somewhere cheaper and wait it out for 6 months at least.

Tell me how successful you are in this environment and lift my mood
              I fear it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better especially while tweedle dum and tweedle dee Whitty and Vallance are running the country.

On the plus side, yeah, we're kicking the disgusting EU into touch.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
                I fear it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better especially while tweedle dum and tweedle dee Whitty and Vallance are running the country.

yeah thats the problem. As crap as 2008 was we knew there was light in the tunnel, just normal downturn. Here - I'm just not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post

Yes, because leaving the world's largest trading block will do wonders for the recovery.

Comment

I've been pretty happy TBH.

Fortunately I've been insulated a bit as working with a public sector client this year on a decent rate given Covid and what I'm actually doing for them.

Switched to part time recently so I could fit in some other personal interests around work.

Looking at going back to perm next year though for a new challenge and at least in the last 3 weeks or so, market has picked up.

But no doubt, tough and uncertain times ahead over the next 6-9 months with Covid and till IR35 and Brexit are out of the way and the picture becomes clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      I'm in a great mood.
                      and i DO live in the UK.
                      Meds are working then
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X