• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone in a good mood nowadays?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's cold here in Ireland but a beautiful morning. Phone photo from my morning walk:

I am pretty sure I know that walk. Lovely. And a great photo too.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
      I am pretty sure I know that walk. Lovely. And a great photo too.
      That's my morning walk, and also my view from my home office - this one taken on Wednesday from my desk.

Comment

That's my morning walk, and also my view from my home office - this one taken on Wednesday from my desk.

I would immediately be depressed if I lived in such a sh!thole. Pardon ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
          I would immediately be depressed if I lived in such a sh!thole. Pardon ;-)
          You are pardoned.

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
            My lucrative offer withdrawn last minute , current contract not extended, pandemic accelerating, no brexit deal with europe as promised.
            Living in 9m people city and yet receive 1 call a week from pimps whilst looking, down from 10-15 a day in 2019.

Not sure if it's worth the money to pay for the flat, and just go somewhere cheaper and wait it out for 6 months at least.

Tell me how successful you are in this environment and lift my mood
            I'm working until December. Then, who knows? I picked up this role back in May so there is hope.

Otherwise it's tempting to decamp somewhere sunny and wait out the miserable UK covid winter. If you can leave the country and if you can find somewhere that will let you in.

I guess there's always Mogadishu

Comment

Looks nice but it rains even more there than it does here. And that's saying something.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Bona Fide View Post
                Looks nice but it rains even more there than it does here. And that's saying something.....
                Depends where "here" is. I reckon we get less rain than Manchester but more than London.

Comment

I'm working until December. Then, who knows? I picked up this role back in May so there is hope.

Otherwise it's tempting to decamp somewhere sunny and wait out the miserable UK covid winter. If you can leave the country and if you can find somewhere that will let you in.

I guess there's always Mogadishu
                  Even if you had to quarantine in the South of Spain it wouldn't be too bad with a bit of outdoor space. Plenty of cheap rentals.

Comment

Even if you had to quarantine in the South of Spain it wouldn't be too bad with a bit of outdoor space. Plenty of cheap rentals.
                    Yes, Costa Blanca over Costa del Sol for me. Far less rain.

Or even the Canaries.

Comment

Yes, Costa Blanca over Costa del Sol for me. Far less rain.

Or even the Canaries.
                      Costa Tropical is worth a look: Almuñécar, Salobreña, La Herradura.

Comment

Working...
                      X