War Chest - how to get a better return despite low interest rates? War Chest - how to get a better return despite low interest rates? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 28 of 28

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Crikey, you were feeling a bit deep and meaningful at 2 am!
    I have about 2 weeks sober now, not sure if I like this meaningful me though.
    Writting hateful posts about he corporate clout and gov while half drunk seemed more fulfilling though...

Just an idea, diversification is still considered “one of the free lunches” by some. I would not touch a long portfolio but a not so large sum in an all short diversified portfolio. This I think I could be comfortable with for now. It doesn’t take too much work also, there are a few packages in python for efficiant portfolio optimization. Market return data is available.
    Finding the most over-laveraged companies and putting together a few.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Writting hateful posts about he corporate clout and gov while half drunk seemed more fulfilling though...

Just an idea, diversification is still considered “one of the free lunches” by some. I would not touch a long portfolio but a not so large sum in an all short diversified portfolio. This I think I could be comfortable with for now. It doesn’t take too much work also, there are a few packages in python for efficiant portfolio optimization. Market return data is available.
    And in English, this means?
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    And in English, this means?
    The effects of alcohol take > 2 weeks to reverse?
    You above all people should know probabilisitic analysis is a stochastic process of independent of deterministic variables subject to constant change....

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by GigiBronz View Post

Well done on the sobriety!

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by TheDogsNads View Post
    You dont half talk some crap with your absolute definitions.
    You were the idiot with the absolute definition.....
    “War chest is personal not company”...
    See You Next Tuesday

Still gathering requirements...

Default RateSetter

Until Covid hit RateSetter was unbeatable for interest rates, a degree of risk attached but up to 5% return.

Even they RS have had to reduce interest rates (halved) recently but still better than anything else around at the moment.

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Easy, I’ve got a good few K on Sir Busker in the 3.35 at Newmarket this afternoon to be placed (in the 1st 8 places) those winnings will keep me in milk and honey for several months

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Pooper has a chart for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Fingers like lightning

Spending too much time at home watching morning property programs has giving me an Idea for plan B which is to buy 3 bed properties and have them converted to 4/5 bed for sale, then hopefully move on to teardown & rebuilds.

Plan B dreams aside ......, what about opening a separate company B funded via a structured loan from ltd company. Then invest that money in funds?