• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hightekers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hightekers

Anyone heard of them?

Had an approach on linkedin, seems to be umbrella company type thing but also billing itself as a network of "high tech experts"?

Companies House search led to a HIGHTEKERS LLP with around 440 officers, mostly French...

Doubt any approach was about work.

I also want to know if this company is legit. Their website seems ok but I haven't seen any FCSA registration touted.

I was also approached by someone from this company last week.

Arranged a conference call with a Giorgio and they were offering exactly what I needed - ability to work fully remotely whilst living in Spain - but under a Spanish contract under their company so it's legit. The guy said that they also work with agencies (Frank Group apparently one of them) to find suitable jobs.

I got sent a simulation (i.e. calculation) of income based on a daily rate I told them and I was a little confused by the terms and amounts, but then was sent satisfactory explanations.

Also, on registering, it doesn't complete until I give a clients name which I don't have atm as I have an assignment currently and would not be looking to work with Hightekers until next year.

Something doesn't add up as not much comes up online and I don't want to be scammed so doing due diligence before I sign my monies away!

Has anyone heard, is using/knows anyone who uses them or has in the past?

Comment

Never heard of them but there’s NO way that I would use an umbrella based outside of the UK.

It doesn’t matter how legit the numbers sound, if none of it makes it back to HMRC, you’ll be the one with the tax demands and the sleepless nights, not them.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Oh, and it’s an LLP?

RUN AWAY!!!
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Why do we have to explain this time and again.

Outside IR35 contract use your own limited company and get the money under your control ASAP
          Inside IR35 contract:

1) HMRC is expecting to see tax from that so claiming to be overseas (even if you are overseas) won't work
          2) you want an umbrella firm that you can trust - which is why we continually recommend Clarity and don't just say look for a firm that has Professional Passport / FCSA membership (because that works so well when you look at Orange Genie / Liquid Friday).
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Mind you - if you are working while living in Spain, your tax is the Spanish authority's problem not HMRC and since we aren't ContractorES I have no idea if you'll be in trouble or not*.

*You probably will be but who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Mind you - if you are working while living in Spain, your tax is the Spanish authority's problem not HMRC and since we aren't ContractorES I have no idea if you'll be in trouble or not*.

*You probably will be but who knows?
              Ask your accountant, but, you still have to declare your income to HMRC, it's just you can also put in the section where it says overseas tax paid, and double taxation treaty means tax in Spain offsets tax owed to HMRC. Certainly was the case before BREXshIT. :-)
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
              X