• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working or benched?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working or benched?

Simple question / poll. Are you currently working in a contract, permie job or "inbetween clients" currently?
    I am working in a contract
    60.87%
    I am working in a perm job
    7.25%
    I am not working / benched / looking
    24.64%
    Other (please specify)
    7.25%
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Want to get a feel for how many are actually benched contractors. Maybe it is just the unlucky few?

Comment

Although this poll is most likely skewed due to Survivorship_bias

Comment

who wants to know?
        you the polis?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          who wants to know?
          you the polis?
          I work for the IR35 collection dept at HMRC. My annual bonus depends on nailing hard working tax dodgers. Those on the bench, living on the streets or dead need not worry.

Comment

Ad-Hoc projects here and there. Good day rates, but very inconsistent - only have work lined up for another 2.5 weeks

Comment

Where is the option for working but had to take a pay cut

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                Where is the option for working but had to take a pay cut
                That's still working. Unless your pay cut was close to 100%, you are still earning a very good living I'm sure.

Comment

Looks like we have 36% unemployment on the forum. If its a microcosm of the wider economy, we are truly fudged.

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
                    Looks like we have 36% unemployment on the forum. If its a microcosm of the wider economy, we are truly fudged.
                    That's assuming the people who are not working by choice aren't included and have selected 'other' instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X