• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

morgan stanley contract offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morgan stanley contract offer

hi.. been through three rounds of interviews at ms for a contract role. Been verbally told(by their internal recruiter)they will be making an offer, been five days but not heard anything.
    Currently in work so no stress, but wondering if anyone has experienced how long they take to send out offers?

Mainly asking as i dont want to appear super keen and have them cut rate!

I worked there many many years ago and it was a fab place to be. They use Java and C sharp but that was 10 years ago. No idea what things are like now

What I do know is all contracts inside ir35 now so hope you are ready for that

Comment

Originally posted by slogger View Post
      hi.. been through three rounds of interviews at ms for a contract role. Been verbally told(by their internal recruiter)they will be making an offer, been five days but not heard anything.
      Currently in work so no stress, but wondering if anyone has experienced how long they take to send out offers?

Mainly asking as i dont want to appear super keen and have them cut rate!
      Chase them not a problem appearing keen especially if they said they would make an offer.
      Say you have options but are keen to progress.
      These big co's are rarely quick.

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
        I worked there many many years ago and it was a fab place to be. They use Java and C sharp but that was 10 years ago. No idea what things are like now

What I do know is all contracts inside ir35 now so hope you are ready for that
        Yeh .. I'm lucky in that I can live off savings and pay next 12 months money into pension, so legit zero tax

Comment

Yeh .. I'm lucky in that I can live off savings and pay next 12 months money into pension, so legit zero tax
          That’s super duper idea, I did not realise MS paid such low rates (40K) are you doing reception work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            That’s super duper idea, I did not realise MS paid such low rates (40K) are you doing reception work ?

Well, 160k for the last four years (including this one), assuming a pension was open and all contributions remain.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Well, 160k for the last four years (including this one), assuming a pension was open and all contributions remain.
              You have to assume OP has Already maxed out previous years if this is his master plan

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                You have to assume OP has Already maxed out previous years if this is his master plan

No master plan, just luck. Havent paid into pension for last 5 years, inherited some money this year which i can live off , so can pay up to 4 years into pension, obviously a one year tax help and then back to paying full paye.

Comment

Good for you. I’m happy for you. Like I said I had a terrific time back ten years ago. It was solid and nice building as well

Pension contribution is excellent idea.

Don’t suppose you can give an indication of rough rates. Coming back to London finance is on the cards for a few people who left the Uk

Comment

You can pay into your pension up to £40k pa, but you have to pay yourself at least £40K pa too. You can also use previous unused pension contribution (last three years), but again you need to pay a good salary.
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X